• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Newbie capra upgrades

Gazza19

Hi, first post here. Just ordered my 1st crawler, Capra RTR. New to crawling coming from a manic 60mph 1/5 monster. Looking forward to the slow down in pace and a bit more grey matter involvement.
Decided to go with a RTR initially and then go through the upgrades pice at at a time so I can understand the car.
So…. Which upgrades and in what order do to recommend?

It's decent out of the box. Depends what you want it to do. I would say the front steering servo could use a change to one with more torque, but I would use it as-is first.

Congrats on your new rig! I can’t personally speak regarding the rtr electronics, but as most will agree they’re okay to get you moving, but will need replaced at some point. I have the kit version and I only did a few upgrades but they dramatically improved the performance. I did the pen spring mod to lower the shocks roughly 10mm (lower links level), and added Treal portal covers to the front. They were somewhere in the 85ish grams range a piece. These 2 are mprovements made it a savage crawling beast. I have since replaced the center skid with a Spare Time Hobbies skid and installed a Hobbywing Fusion but those are not really necessary but made the low speed control amazing. Keep things simple and only look into upgrades if the rig isn’t doing what you want it to do. Enjoy!

Back