• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

neillarson

RCC Addict
Lots of experience in RC, mainly MT, SC and Truggy. Working on my first scaler and I am hooked. Bought a RTR Honcho, had it a week before I changed to a 2.4GHz RX, Brushless motor and ESC. Waiting on a set of aluminum links and a new body. Made a tow strap, tree saver, CB antenna and some bungee cords and bought a 3Racing winch, a light Bar and some Pro-Line scale accessories.

Now I am looking for my next truck and I want a bit more of a project. Here are the choices I have narrowed it down to. A Trail Truck (looks REAL interesting) built either on another SCX10 or on a Hilift or possibly on a RC4WD Timberwolf or Trail Finder kit, with 2.2s and all water proofed. Or another scale crawler (SCX10 or RC4WD Gelande with either a Bronco or Defender body. The SCX10s are nice and cheap plus seem to be great trucks. The RC4WDs look great but I can't find any real details on them other than their site. Seems like a lot of you use parts from them, but I have yet to see a kit build out.

I am not a welder and have no experience with fab though I am willing to try my hand with some custom styrene and some basic aluminum.

I have made contact with a local crawling club that does a lot with scalers so I hope to get some good ideas from them, but would love input from the guys with the experience.

Back