• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I want to buy a winch for my scx10 and I noticed on a lot of crawler videos on youtube they're controlling the winch via radio system. I have 2 channels; the original controller that comes with the scx10 honcho. Can I use this controller or do I have to buy a new one?

Thanks!! :)

yes, it can be controlled with your current radio, it involves a y-harness, some micro switches and your steering channel. but the better route would be to get a 3 or more channel radio with receiver so you can have a dedicated winch channel. plus you will be able to have channels for lights and other accessories down the line.

Brand is really up to what you like the most.. I had a spektrum dx3s, but when I got into crawling I realized it wouldn't control my winch how I wanted. My wife and I are both currently using the rc4wd 4 channel radios...they have 3 position 3rd and 4th channels..making it for easy operation of a winch of other things...they don't cost alot and work great in my opinion...

awesome!! does it matter what remote and receiver I get? I know that obviously the remote and receiver have to be the same though

The GT3B is a lower cost radio but works pretty well. There is a modified version ("hacked") that adds features.

Products - OverkillRC

Another plus, it will work with the stock receiver in your scx10 until you decide that you need more channels.

The Futaba 4PL is a really nice radio with lots of features but costs more.

The GT3B is a lower cost radio but works pretty well. There is a modified version ("hacked") that adds features.

Products - OverkillRC

Another plus, it will work with the stock receiver in your scx10 until you decide that you need more channels.

The Futaba 4PL is a really nice radio with lots of features but costs more.

The Futaba 4PL is the one I was looking at..on amainhobbies.com $249 for controller and receiver doesnt seem horrible to me, thanks!!!

The Futaba 4PL is the one I was looking at..on amainhobbies.com $249 for controller and receiver doesnt seem horrible to me, thanks!!!

If you are likely to have more rigs down the road, Futaba RX's are rather pricey.

I only tend to use Futaba, but I run a hacked GT3B in my XR-10, it does well, especially for the price.

Futaba has never let me down their products are top notch and you won`t be disappointed. I currently own a 4pl and have owned a 4pks. I know people run gt3b radios but most of them end up running futaba.

im a flysky user. the amount of features for the price is hard to argue with. the customer service from overkillrc is incredible. i debated a long time before i bought it. no regrets whatsoever. wouldnt even dream of switching to a more expensive brand now.

Check RPP Hobby for the price with the discount coupon. It might be a little bit lower.

Of the two radios, the 4PL is my favorite and the one that I use the most.

I bought the GT3B for my Exo so I wouldn't wreck the 4PL in the sand at the beach. I was really surprised how well the GT3B worked.

Check RPP Hobby for the price with the discount coupon. It might be a little bit lower.

Of the two radios, the 4PL is my favorite and the one that I use the most.

I bought the GT3B for my Exo so I wouldn't wreck the 4PL in the sand at the beach. I was really surprised how well the GT3B worked.

Hacked or stock??

Back