• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New guy with a cr01

Del4150

Hi all
The names Del and I'm new to all this crawling stuff.im from colchester in the UK and thought I'd post a couple of pics of my blackfoot bodied cr01 whilst saying hi.
Hope you like it

Del
d18eddc564b5f2b8c372ef05cec6bd1d.jpg
e0666429fe62af59d8a426d5ffad757e.jpg
85292c09fc9e3909422d94577b2002cc.jpg
17e8c32a373759b79408e1f21213b1c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking good. I know the CR-01 can't compete with modern rigs but Tamiya's engineering always appeals to me. Still on the look out for the jeep version but they command stupid prices.

Looking good. I know the CR-01 can't compete with modern rigs but Tamiya's engineering always appeals to me. Still on the look out for the jeep version but they command stupid prices.
I didn't know much at all about the rc crawler scene when I got this,I spent a few years building tamiya 1/16 tanks then woke up one morning sold the tanks and bought 3 tamiya trucks,a stadium thunder,a clod buster and the rocksocker kit.
I'm trying to decide what to get next so am reading as much as I can to get up to speed.
Del

I don't compete, don't even know what the crawler/scaler scene is like where I live. I run what
1. Interests me
2. I can afford.

My current wish list is a CR-01, a Tamiya Jaegermeister Capri, and a Cross MC 8. When funds allow.

Bryan

I had a look at the Capri Bryan because I'd not heard of one and that's way cool,I'm guessing we are a similar age ( it looks a lot like the zakspeed Capri I grew up wanting lol)
We have an rc club about 10 mins from where I live with a tarmac track so I should realy build some kind of touring car and go join in.

Just got to find a buyer for a kidney because I now want an axial bomber and a touring car lol

Nice looking CR-01! They are very cool trucks because of the unique engineering like most Tamiyas.

If you ever want to get upgrades for the truck start with new tires.

Nice looking CR-01! They are very cool trucks because of the unique engineering like most Tamiyas.

If you ever want to get upgrades for the truck start with new tires.
Thanks for the tip,any suggestion on what tyres would be best.

Thanks for the tip,any suggestion on what tyres would be best.

A lot of it depends on your terrain. Here on the rocky, wooded East Coast of the US I prefer Proline Hyrax or Super Swampers and Pitbull Rock Beasts.

Back