• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New FMS 1/10 FCX10 Blazer

SpareParts

Subscribed Member
So I was excited when I heard that it was going to be 2WD\4WD and diff locks but unless the videos I have seen on it are wrong the only choices are Front-Wheel-Drive with rear free rolling\ Front-Wheel-Drive with locked rear\ and 4WD so no RWD donuts and then switching into 4x4 like I was hoping, actually if you could lock the front while in RWD that would be neat for little burnout action. I know that having dig option is more practical for almost everyone that does rockcrawling but for scale realism I would love to find something cheapish that had true RWD\4WD available.

Just a note I made sure to spell out "Front-Wheel-Drive" so no one confused FWD to mean Four-Wheel-Drive instead of 4WD.

So I was excited when I heard that it was going to be 2WD\4WD and diff locks but unless the videos I have seen on it are wrong the only choices are Front-Wheel-Drive with rear free rolling\ Front-Wheel-Drive with locked rear\ and 4WD so no RWD donuts and then switching into 4x4 like I was hoping, actually if you could lock the front while in RWD that would be neat for little burnout action. I know that having dig option is more practical for almost everyone that does rockcrawling but for scale realism I would love to find something cheapish that had true RWD\4WD available.

Just a note I made sure to spell out "Front-Wheel-Drive" so no one confused FWD to mean Four-Wheel-Drive instead of 4WD.
Apparently, a diagram in the manual shows a part you can purchase to have the ability of RWD only.

From the manual it looks like it is set up with FWD/4WD/DIG as standard. It claims it is easy to swap it to FWD/4WD/RWD but I didn't see the specific instructions. I'd happily trade dig for RWD.

I ended up ordering one of these as a gift for a family member. I couldn't get all those features out of my head!

So far they are very happy with it and all the shifting servos are working perfectly. One little detail that I love is that they actually used warm LEDs for the headlights. I can't stand blue-white LEDs and they would look very anachronistic in an old blazer. Now I just need to solder up 4 more warm white LEDs for them to put in the roll bar lights.

There is one youtube video where the guy explains how he modified the transmission to shift to RWD instead of DIG but I am waiting for more official instructions. He used a cut-down pin, but the little blurb in the manual makes it sound simpler than that. I wonder if all you need to do is flip the dog that otherwise engages DIG.

It does seem pretty noisy but I wonder if it just needs a good greasing. I'll visit the FCX10 (and I guess my family!) in a few weeks and I am excited to see it in person.

I know it is quiet around here lately but I hope to see some others get FCX10s in the next few months.

I ordered one yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive!
How was the visit to the fcx10?

Boy, is this thing fun! Need to open up the diffs for some grease, I suppose, but other than that, it is fine. Diffs lock great, 2 speed works fine, selectable dig, fwd, 4wd is nice. I might change that to fwd, 4wd, rwd, don't know yet. Drag brake is adjustable on the transmitter. Can't wait to take it to the trails!

Back