• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New brushed motor paraphernalia and parts at Holmes

JohnRobHolmes

owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

New arrangement for brushed motor parts and service tools.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts

We now have a few options for servicing your motor. From cheaper integy lathes, to the best Fantom lathe ever made for the 540! We also carry diamond tips if you aren't one for cutting your own bits.
lathe1.jpg

Need a new armature? We have 6 armature styles available in the Holmes Custom Pro, with stock Crawlmaster and TorqueMaster armatures available as well. Easy to order process for any style we carry!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: Holmes Pro Custom 540 Armatures
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: CrawlMaster Pro 540 armatures
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Replacement Parts :: TorqueMaster Pro 540 Armature

Need parts for your 540? Pick up spare endbells, bearings, cans, brushes, and springs too! We carry parts for all standup, laydown, p-94, and Checkpoint designs.

CM-PRO-detail.jpg

Looking to protect your new shiny motor? We now carry BWD Motor Sav'rs! Injection molded of Delrin, these are just the ticket to keep your motors looking good and keep your rig sliding over the rocks like butter.
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed :: BWD Motor Sav'r
a6473a7132cb4148ffca58_m.jpg

Got some questions? Ask me through emails please! Got some comments? Feel free to post em up!

Last edited:
Rearranged the site a bit, it was getting too busy in the motor section.

Now we have an easier to navigate armature selection. Pick up a replacement arm for your Holmes motor, or get a totally custom armature wound for your needs! I also have a few additional armature bases on the way for you tuners out there. Check it out!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors

Looking to protect your new shiny motor? We now carry BWD Motor Sav'rs! Injection molded of Delrin, these are just the ticket to keep your motors looking good and keep your rig sliding over the rocks like butter.
Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed :: BWD Motor Sav'r
a6473a7132cb4148ffca58_m.jpg

Got some questions? Ask me through emails please! Got some comments? Feel free to post em up!

John, is there any way these can come in clear?

I made my own out of clear PC because I wanted everyone to see my HH TorqueMasters!!! :mrgreen:
The bottom gets scratched up real quick but it's nice to be able to see some of the motor, at least the sides and top.

Just a thought...

They are Delrin, which does not come in clear that I am aware of. It is a Black or White plastic. That would be cool though, I'll ask Don about it next time we talk and see what he thinks. They can inject any plastic into the mold, so it is just a matter of finding a clear plastic that has the right properties.

They are Delrin, which does not come in clear that I am aware of. It is a Black or White plastic. That would be cool though, I'll ask Don about it next time we talk and see what he thinks. They can inject any plastic into the mold, so it is just a matter of finding a clear plastic that has the right properties.

Yes, Delrin does not come in a clear form.
PC (polycarbonate) might be the way to go.
It's super tough, comes clear, and it may actually cost less than Delrin.

Only problem is the mold will have to be polished to a mirror finish in order for the guard to come out looking like glass (the surfaces of the part will only be as perfect as the surfaces of the mold).

Anyways, food for thought...

I dug up a few pics of the clear guards right after I put them on:

IMG_6711_copy.jpg

IMG_6708_copy.jpg

It would be a crime to hide such a purdy motor under a black curtain...

I would of paid for this option also can't imagine you would charge a lot for that

Are there more motor cans on order? Your website shows that you are out of the chrome ones and only have one black unit in stock.

Guess who is the new distributor and retailer for the Fussy Brush? After using the product to build motors I just HAD to bring these back into production and get some custom 10mm bits made for our motors.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools :: Fussy Brush Kit
image.php

The Fussy Brush is one of the most important tools you can purchase to keep your brushed motors running at top shape. It allows for super fast brush break in and reshaping, leaving you with more brush and commutator life. We use this tool in motor production and couldn't live without it! You will immediately hear and feel the difference with a Fussy Brush built motor!

The Kit comes with one main shaft, one 7.5mm bit, and one 10mm bit. Perfect for seating in your brushes to a new armature.

Instructions: Install the Fussy Brush in your motor as you would an armature. Put pressure on the brushes or install your springs, then turn the shaft in the regular motor rotation direction. When your brush face has an even satin finish you are ready to clean out the shavings, reassemble your motor and break it in.

We are offering these at a discounted price of $29.99 for the basic kit for one month, after this the price is going to $41.99 for the kit. First purchasers will also be eligible for discounted bits, as we will be producing the full range of bits in coming months. You can also get free ground shipping on the kit during this month if you use the "FUSSY" coupon!

Every motor builder and competitor should have this tool if they are serious about keeping their motors in top shape!

Last edited:
I'm glad you picked up the Fussy Brush and I'm looking forward to getting mine 8)

Guess who is the new distributor and retailer for the Fussy Brush? After using the product to build motors I just HAD to bring these back into production and get some custom 10mm bits made for our motors.

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Motor Accessory and Service Tools :: Fussy Brush Kit
image.php

The Fussy Brush is one of the most important tools you can purchase to keep your brushed motors running at top shape. It allows for super fast brush break in and reshaping, leaving you with more brush and commutator life. We use this tool in motor production and couldn't live without it! You will immediately hear and feel the difference with a Fussy Brush built motor!

The Kit comes with one main shaft, one 7.5mm bit, and one 10mm bit. Perfect for seating in your brushes to a new armature.

Instructions: Install the Fussy Brush in your motor as you would an armature. Put pressure on the brushes or install your springs, then turn the shaft in the regular motor rotation direction. When your brush face has an even satin finish you are ready to clean out the shavings, reassemble your motor and break it in.

We are offering these at a discounted price of $29.99 for the basic kit for one month, after this the price is going to $41.99 for the kit. First purchasers will also be eligible for discounted bits, as we will be producing the full range of bits in coming months. You can also get free ground shipping on the kit during this month if you use the "FUSSY" coupon!

Every motor builder and competitor should have this tool if they are serious about keeping their motors in top shape!

This is going in my new order for sure!!"thumbsup"

Need a little bling on your motors? Holmes now offers colored endbell hoods to spice up your motor! Available in Blue, Green, Red, Black, Orange, Silver, Black/Red, and custom mixes of the colors listed.

We will be adding these as a $1 feature on the Pro Custom 540 motors in the next few days. Any other colors you want to see? These all look great on both black and silver endbells!

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?productid=502&cat=0&featured=Y

Colored%20Hood.JPG

Need a little bling on your motors? Holmes now offers colored endbell hoods to spice up your motor! Available in Blue, Green, Red, Black, Orange, Silver, Black/Red, and custom mixes of the colors listed.

We will be adding these as a $1 feature on the Pro Custom 540 motors in the next few days. Any other colors you want to see? These all look great on both black and silver endbells!

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motors :: Brushed Motor Parts :: Holmes Colored Endbell Hood

Colored%20Hood.JPG

those new endbell color choices can really change the look of a motor! nice personalized touch!

John,
Would I be able to use one of your 35t handwound armatures as a replacement in one of my Tekin 35t handwound motors?

Yes you can. Just about any armature will plop into the Tekin HD can. A TorqueMaster Pro armature would be a direct replacement, with higher wire fill than your stock arm.

Back