• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New 4ws build from semi scratch question.

Alxe24

Hello all. I am thinking on building an LCG with rear steer and after looking at some post I am still somehow puzzled.
First of all I am not trying to make the best comp out there nor go compete. I just want to get a competent crawler and learn from this build.
Is it easier to get all the components separately on get a kit and modify from there? I just ordered a carbon fiber LCG chassis from amazon for $65 and that seems to limit my choices to the Element and SCX II kits. "not oppose to use a different chassis"
676A70C5-B20B-46BD-A9D1-A6B763B6AFA2

If I go the kit route I will need a second front axle, pan hard link and mount a way to install the servo and steering links I'd suppose. and try to figure how to attach that to the rails, or would you advise to get everything separately?
so here are my questions.
1) Kit build or from scratch?
2) If kit Axial or Sendero?
3) Portal axles or straight?
4) I have a futaba 4PM and Flysky GT5 controller. With one would you recommend?
Thanks for your feedback
PS: If anyone have any links to how to do this it will be appreciated.

given that you want 2 front axles it will probably better to piece it together rather than buying a kit and still needing another front axle ... bummer because about a week or so ago Horizon Hobbies had the 4wd capra on sale which would have been the best deal for your approach. however it is still available at regular price. Vanquish offers both the new F10 portal and straight axle fronts available separately and come complete. Shocks, links transmission driveshafts and bits and bobs still be needed though. Custom builds can get out of hand $$$$ if not researched because of the many different routes you could take the build. Best of luck on finding something you like and enjoy.

Thats for sure! Im gatherin parts for a 4ws build myself. Goina use the f10 portals with the element stealth trans.

Chassis looks pretty sweet. If there's any chance this gets serious, I would spend the smidge more now and probably go with the Vanquish axles. You'll be getting quality parts and exactly what you need. Resale would be more attractive if you decide to opt out, or you at minimum would have some killer axles and gearbox to use in a following build.

Chassis looks pretty sweet. If there's any chance this gets serious, I would spend the smidge more now and probably go with the Vanquish axles. You'll be getting quality parts and exactly what you need. Resale would be more attractive if you decide to opt out, or you at minimum would have some killer axles and gearbox to use in a following build.

Thanks for the feedback. Decisions decisions. Besides the brand I’d like to figure if i should run straight or portals for performance. The trans i think i might go with stealth or scx 2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~$50 for the Element Stealth trans is hard to beat. And you get some Overdrive if you want it.

Thats what I am using for my Rock Pirates Interceptor chassis build

Back