• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

needing advice

carpediem

alright fellers i have a simple quick ?.....is it better to run foam inserts in your tires or without? i have an axial ax10 with inserts but have been looking at pics on here and noticed alot of people look like they are not running the foam? is that better or no difference or what? thanks again"thumbsup"

im sure every one of the pics u looked at the tires have foams in them there are lots of different foams most stock foams are realy soft so it may seem like they dont have any. an then also some people trim them down so the tire will fold around what ur climbing no foam will not work ur tires will ball up an u will be on flats one thing to do is foams then drill holes in ur rims start with like a 1/16th drill bit do a cupal holes on each rim an go from there

i got star cut foams, if you running stockers, star cut the foams and vent the wheels that worked for mine. and check out the tire and wheel section

Try it without foams and see what you think. With certain tires with very hard sidewalls you can benefit from removing your foams, but its rare I think.

get some different foams and test them i got memory foams from proline and 1 hole on each wheel the size is 1/8/ of a inch and im getting a lot of grip.

alright fellers i have a simple quick ?.....is it better to run foam inserts in your tires or without? i have an axial ax10 with inserts but have been looking at pics on here and noticed alot of people look like they are not running the foam? is that better or no difference or what? thanks again"thumbsup"

The pics you see they are still running foam, it is just softer and also generally on vented rims.

You need to run foam as its what give the support to the tyre carcass (same as air in your 1:1 car tyre)

I would vent your rims first and then get some different foams to try to find one that suits your driving style.

Good luck"thumbsup"

First thing: Make sure you have vented your rims.
Second: Depending on the type of foam you will need to do some cutting. For memory foam you don't normally need to do any cutting. With standard form you should cut them like stars or a better explanation would be make them look like a gear. On my foams I made a template out of cardboard so that all four were cut the same. You may also need to trim the edges to get some more side biting. I'll look and see if I have any pics to help you out.

Well I found a few pics. Hope they help.

100_3016.jpg

100_3010.jpg

100_3017.jpg

Back