• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need some electronics edjumacation

Clemsoncrawler

Rock Stacker
What’s up. A couple esc specific questions. Running a Tekin Rx4 and the corresponding dsmr 315 and 515 receivers. Using 3 s on everything but my wraith so far, 2 s on it cause it’s all rtr stock electronics. Dx5 rugged tx. Does anyone know if these receivers are rated to handle 7.4v from the esc to the servo. Running a protek 370btl so even if I running at 6v I assume it would still pull stump. Have it set on 7.4 via Hotwire, but have only run it around the house and basement after electronics instal. Only my second build, vs410 ultra.
Also, should I use the electric grease on the fan/Hotwire port too? Hadn’t had issues with my other rx4, yet, but wasn’t sure. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I've fed several Spectrum receivers 7.4 volts without any issues.

Put dielectric grease on any small connectors you want to make waterproof and prevent corrosion. Up here in the northeast electrical corrosion is a real problem, other dryer places not so much.

Also to note that the receiver may accept up to 9.6v, but most servos will have a hard time handling that! I would keep things around the 7.5v like others have suggested to help keep all the electronics happy!

Also to note that the receiver may accept up to 9.6v, but most servos will have a hard time handling that! I would keep things around the 7.5v like others have suggested to help keep all the electronics happy!
I have ran the spektrums at 12.4v on accident occasionally. On accident. So far they have alwayse survived.

Back