• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need some advice on Element Stealth Transmission Over Drive

pwjm

I picked up my Element Ecto used and as a result I don't have the original overdrive gears that came in the box.

There's several parts listed for sale and I'm finding it confusing to know which parts I need to achieve the ~12% and ~25% over drive that's possible.

There's idler gears and drive gears, nylon and machined. I get the difference between the nylon and metal gears, but I don't know if I need both the idler AND the drive gears, or just the idler gears?

Does anyone have any experience with adding overdrive gears to the element transmissions?

Last edited:
Oh man, thank you!

I searched and searched and couldn't find much at all. Seems google and bing really want me to watch (slightly) related videos. Search engines really aren't what they used to be.

I'm still unclear which part numbers I need, but at least I know the tooth counts now.

Looks like I'll have to do OD gears in the front and UD gears in the rear to get more than ~12% OD

Tell me about it! I have a Stealth X transmission and at first I was only finding info on the newer Stealth XF transmission. You're absolutely right. Search Engines are def not what they used to be.

FYI: Amainhobbies has gears for the X and XF.

Stealth X gears (keep in mind, there are "Factory Team" versions of these that are metal as well. - Team Associated part numbers):
Idler gear set: 42026, (FT metal: 42031)
Drive Gear set: 42028, (FT metal: 42032)

Top Shafts:
Regular: 42030,
Inverse: 42024

Thanks!

I just placed and order for the KNK 56/24 gear set to keep things simple. Should get me about 25% OD

if it's too aggressive, I'll probably pick up the official element gear sets in nylon and go with the 54/26t 11.5% configuration from the manual.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction guys!

Back