• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need Help Desiding.

Hammer1055

Hey I'm New to the "RC Crawler" seen. I have used RC's Before such as a Traxxas Slash and Summit. But that's becide the Point. I was looking into making a crawler and want to be a SCX10. Here is what i'm Trying to Recreate
wqLB7i2.jpg

It looks different now but you get the idea. I as woundering if I should get the Honcho or the Dodge Powerwagon. I'll be seeing mild water and alot less crawling but still some. but i need a body the i can get and put on the truck I buy. also gonna be runnung be running big tires. any Suggestions?

Hey Hammer1055. the doge in the pic looks jacked up so maybe the scx10 with the mud truck conversion might fit the bill to get the look and fit some 2.2 tires nicely under there.
i think proline makes a body like that.

Vaterra Ascender comes with TSL Swamper tires, great list of components in RTR or kit form, big Chevy Blazer body with LED ready headlight bezels! I don't know of any Dodge Power Wagon bodies of that vintage for RC.

Here's a great Chevy Blazer build then converted to run RC4WD Blazer hardbody, some guy converted this body to a Dodge with styrene, don't recall his thread or userid though.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-ascender/561283-tghs-blazer-goes-mild-wild.html

there is no rc replica of a ramcharger body that is or has been in production. but! you can make one. its not easy.

and as far as that pic goes... I hope that charger doesn't have the 316 in it...

That was joe122," The Blazer/Charger or I may be nuts" build, it's in the 1.5 scale build threads.

Yes, thank you! 8)"thumbsup"

there is no rc replica of a ramcharger body that is or has been in production. but! you can make one. its not easy.

and as far as that pic goes... I hope that charger doesn't have the 316 in it...

318? ;-) Buddy had a stock 318 motor in a Chevy Vega shoe-horned in slightly tilted towards right side, with left exhaust manifold swapped around to exit out the front and it would beat 350 Chevy motored Vegas all day long due to just the right mix of horsepower, torque and gearing. My other buddy with tunnel ram 350 Vega was pissed lol.

When I was a teenager, there was a local guy with 1970 Ram one ton pickup with slot mags, giant mudders of similar size, and 440....omg we used to long for that truck every time we saw it, freaking awesome...musta drank gas like no tomorrow, but it was awesome! "thumbsup"

Back