• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need brushless combo suggestions

discgolferlee

Rock Crawler
About to start an scx24 build using aftermarket parts only and wondered what brushless setups everyone is liking? Comp lcg chassis style build.
Never got into the 1/24 scale stuff until now, but the furitek setup seems to be popular but I see they offer a few different esc and motors.

I have the "Stinger" kit in my SCX24 deadbolt which uses the Micro Komodo, and there's now the "Starter 2s" kit that uses the Venom which is on a super sale right now. I just bought the Fury Wagon RTR which uses the Venom motor. Both use the Lizard Pro esc with Bluetooth. Both are smooth and powerful and the app for tuning is very cool.
I've had the Micro for 2 summers now and just got the Venom powered rig, I can recommend both!

I have the "Stinger" kit in my SCX24 deadbolt which uses the Micro Komodo, and there's now the "Starter 2s" kit that uses the Venom which is on a super sale right now. I just bought the Fury Wagon RTR which uses the Venom motor. Both use the Lizard Pro esc with Bluetooth. Both are smooth and powerful and the app for tuning is very cool.
I've had the Micro for 2 summers now and just got the Venom powered rig, I can recommend both!

awesome thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

The Micro Komodo looks super impressive! Furitek seems to make nice stuff. A lot of it isn't cheap though.

After trying most of the brushless motors in my SCX24. I ended up the most happy with a 180 motor and transmission from cheapy RCAWD paired with a furitek ESC.

I loved how the outrunner looked. But mud and water were a problem for me.

Back