• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

need Axial Scorpion /AX10 front axle shafts

Jeep-Power

Quarry Creeper
Is anyone still making some thing that will fit this old axle?

Will any of the current axle's shafts cross over?

I had wider CVD front shafts, but snapped one and had to go back to the OEM Dogbones

you can use og scx10 shafts but there week by todays standerds
a good upgrade would be to use wraith knuckles and chubs they call that the xr mod or the narrow xr mod
the narrow mod is basicly just modifying the stock housing and cut down shafts
the full xrmod requires a aftermarket spline kit
etherway its the best steering mod you can do without changing axles

you can use og scx10 shafts but there week by todays standerds
a good upgrade would be to use wraith knuckles and chubs they call that the xr mod or the narrow xr mod
the narrow mod is basicly just modifying the stock housing and cut down shafts
the full xrmod requires a aftermarket spline kit
etherway its the best steering mod you can do without changing axles

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of this before.

Is there a known thread on this mod?

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of this before.

Is there a known thread on this mod?
do a search for the xr mod its vary comin mod boom racing sells the xrmod shafts so you dont need 2 sets of wraith universals althoughif going the narrow xr mod you will still need to cut the shafts down about a 1/4 of a inch i think beef tubes sells the splined part if going full xr width
boomracing has a really good explination of what a xr mod is and they sell the parts although you just want there shafts the rest can be bought on the cheap

https://www.boomracingrc.com/boom-racing-xrmod-axle-front-rear--3011

Back