• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My SCX10 Work in Progress

cheevSMASH

I got in to RC through drifting when I was stationed in Japan. When Uncle Sam saw fit to bring me to Colorado it seemed time to finally get a crawler. I bought my SCX10 Power Wagon RTR a couple months ago and almost immediately started tinkering with it. I put the Honcho back half on it and added a bunch of Yeah Racing scale accessories to it. I had a hell of a time getting a bumper mount that will hold up. After breaking the last one I went a little overboard with 3/16 aluminum plate. I have rearranged the electronics and battery a bunch of times, the current version i think will last. I will update this as I get upgrades. The steering linkage and the suspension arms are already on the list as they are bending way too much to be effective. I'm open to constructive criticism and suggestions as I make my rig more and more capable without breaking the bank. Now on to the pics..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 467
Last edited by a moderator:
What did you do to mount your steering servo? I have the same rig and and waiting for honcho back half for mine(in the mail). Your truck is looking awesome. Aluminium links were my first upgrade. Next im looking into getting cvds or the xr mod for steering. I find the original plastic knuckles and c-hubs pretty weak and makes for poor steering.

I mounted the servo at a angle with the regular mounts it happens to line up with the front shock hoop mount and one of the holes for the front brace that I am no longer running. It's working great so far

Nice... i had a couple different custom mounts but could never get rid of the bump steer. So instead i went to 4 link in front and mounted servo back on the axle. The only other thing i did when i got my cage was put hinges on back for easy change of batteries and a clip to unplug lights if i want the body to come off.

e0ec6cefbf5bfa685f21135cd8029595.jpg
3937fefd9fa1e68c7e9e41400b6be88a.jpg

zDtpWe0

Py9Sxpl

1FBJnIJ

i3oKyhB

u9CQxOw

sotbBDM

slkYBXF

Alot of updates. New body, aluminium front links and steering links, custom rear lower links, custom triangulated rear shocks, re routed electronics, custom chassis mounted servo, and to top it all off a strobe on top of the cab. This truck body is based off a 1:1 truck my friend used to use for tough truck racing. My favorite thing about crawlers is with $10 in metal and a dremel you can make just about anything.

Nice... i had a couple different custom mounts but could never get rid of the bump steer. So instead i went to 4 link in front and mounted servo back on the axle. The only other thing i did when i got my cage was put hinges on back for easy change of batteries and a clip to unplug lights if i want the body to come off.

e0ec6cefbf5bfa685f21135cd8029595.jpg
3937fefd9fa1e68c7e9e41400b6be88a.jpg

I like the body mount technique. Would you mind sharing few more pics and what did you use to mount the body? I bought some hobby clips from lowes today along with some butt hinges to see what works best. With the honcho rear bumper mount having integrated tail lights, I dont want to drill holes in it for the butt hinges. So I am still looking for other approaches.

Sorry I did not mean to hijack the OP.

I like the body mount technique. Would you mind sharing few more pics and what did you use to mount the body? I bought some hobby clips from lowes today along with some butt hinges to see what works best. With the honcho rear bumper mount having integrated tail lights, I dont want to drill holes in it for the butt hinges. So I am still looking for other approaches.

Sorry I did not mean to hijack the OP.
c6ba4bf40f1e0a5208a49171964b3d85.jpg
74d707e9888126a5323f2662e455c3bd.jpg
all I used was sine electrical straps and bent them around. To mount it to the chassis I used two 1/2inch black screws. When it's all mounted the brackets are mounted to the outsides of the rear lights. Sorry for the crappy photos, in the process of taking it apart.
c281a87d97a13b322a8d5354d0aaa67b.jpg
4f6eb954ed80fbc830a2c234d00733f1.jpg
theses are what the straps look like originally.
843625e1dfbbde905abfece0a00f5bfa.jpg
d72f9228b2622a4a049faea42b3ad276.jpg
that's what it looks like after I bent them. Then just some black paint and ur set.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Wow. Thats a very intuitive approach. Thanks. Now i will copy you.[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Thats a very intuitive approach. Thanks. Now i will copy you.[emoji3][emoji3]

Thanks and feel free to copy! Also a lot of great ideas in the scx10 stickies tips and tricks.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

60d610079c5fea42d89239084e6ba2fa.jpg
this is the clip I used to mount the body. Works perfectly. Just bed it in the right place.

Back