• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Old School Super Crawler Build

John

Rock Crawler
It's been awhile since I built my first super crawler. Picked up some new parts and starting another build using the Tamiya Clod axles for the drivetrain. Not sure what chassis I am going with. May use the RCP Crawlers Hustler or another one of my custom chassis designs. Have some upgrade parts on order like aluminum steering knuckles and an HH esc. Will probably go with a 3 or 4 cell lipo. Will post pictures along the way and explain the two motor wiring and radio programing.

a>

a>

Last edited:
I have the NN chassis, but under a clod monster truck.

Yes, the NN from the Crawler Store goes way back. I think that chassis came out around 2004 or 2005. I had it under a lexan truck body and ran Kyosho Twin Force Axles for a display I built for RCX.

Very cool...always love these builds, you don't see them too much anymore.

Where is the PRR GP38 going to go? :)

Very cool...always love these builds, you don't see them too much anymore.

Where is the PRR GP38 going to go? :)

The two shown are an SD45 by Aristocraft and a USA trains GP9. Both G scale. I have a large G scale and HO scale collection. Too many hobbies, not enough time to work on all of them.

Decided to go with the Hustler chassis and HH Torquemaster BR-XL. Forgot how nice the Hustler chassis is. Built like a tank and has a nice finish. Aluminum Clod Knuckles also came in.
a>

Back