• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mt-4s: too few push buttons

setecastronomy

Quarry Creeper
I received a Sanwa Mt-4s for Christmas and the 80 pages manual was a though reading. Probably there is something I'm not understanding correctly.
It has only two push buttons which can be assigned to on/off any function.
Trim switches, lever and rotary button change values of some functions but cannot be used to on/off them.
Suppose you want to use the chronometer and dual rate: all available push buttons are used, so there is no one free for any of the numerous other functions. To put in other words that radio has great functions, but if you want to enable/disable them you can choose only two of them.

Besides I'm wondering which is the best way to use a servo winch. I would need something like a 3 position switch. Channel 3 and 4 can be programmed "point aux" but again it needs a dedicated push button.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Filippo

If your runnin a winch program it to the lever then depending on winch controller the lever will allow you to pull line in fast or slow & same with feeding line out!

In my MT-4 (basically same radio) I did have for example my winch in trm 1, worked as on-off-on..
Aux 2 as 3 point, L100 - 0 - H100. Assigned to TRM 1, 1 step..

In my MT-4 (basically same radio) I did have for example my winch in trm 1, worked as on-off-on..
Aux 2 as 3 point, L100 - 0 - H100. Assigned to TRM 1, 1 step..

That is indeed how I did it, I was wrong when I spoke about the need for an additional push button.

If your runnin a winch program it to the lever then depending on winch controller the lever will allow you to pull line in fast or slow & same with feeding line out!

I tried using the lever for the winch, but the lever has no return to neutral, so once I accidentally left the servo winch moving slowly causing a wire jam: it is not a good thing during a race.

I refocus my major question, how can I enable and disable more than 2 functions ?

Last edited:
The easiest way to run a winch (as already stated) is to use the lever.
Set your D/R to any of the TRM switches to free up SW1
Set the lever up for your winch and use SW1 to toggle activity on the lever to prevent accidental movement.

So to clarify...Push SW1 to activate the lever...run the lever forwards or backwards for your winch in and out...when done re-push SW1 to deactivate.

The easiest way to run a winch (as already stated) is to use the lever.
Set your D/R to any of the TRM switches to free up SW1
Set the lever up for your winch and use SW1 to toggle activity on the lever to prevent accidental movement.

So to clarify...Push SW1 to activate the lever...run the lever forwards or backwards for your winch in and out...when done re-push SW1 to deactivate.

That is how I plan to do it in my next project "thumbsup" At my wraith I had also 4WS so lever was dedicated to that, and didn`t have esc for winch yet..

Back