• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mounting a hardbody to Ascender?

Schs2013

Quarry Creeper
I have a Vaterra Ascender i am using as a chassis upgrade from, the RC4WD G2 frame(never liked RC4WD chassis's much i tried and its time to move on and keep the D90 hardbody) from my RC4WD biggest issue. i am currently facing is how to mount the D90 hardbody i would like to use magnets but want to see what other ideas are out there?

Ordered a gcmracing kit to move the transmission forward from the stock location to make sure i have room for the interior which on the RC4WD frame requires very thin batteries that i did not have so never ran a interior for that reason. And not liking to work on the old G2.

And i will need to order new drive shafts and possibly links.
e108746666c967283de5e5345205e367.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

I have only used magnets once so far on my HPI Venture SBK. I ended up using 8 20mm diameter magnets each end ( 4 on chassis, 4 on body), to get the body to hold well. Velcro is another option, but I havent tried it yet. Maybe look in the paint and body section to find out more of the pro's and con's of each type.

As M1tch said and I've not used magnets but have seen several different setups. The best way is ring mangets with body posts inserting into them (but not going into the body) so that the body stays on during rollovers and bumps against rocks, trees, etc. :)

Back