• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Motor short?

Thloftus

Rock Crawler
I have a new ROC412 motor fresh out of the box. The B and C solder pads for the motor wires are bent toward each other. I tried to check if they’re touching with a sheet of paper and razor blade. I don’t think they’re shorted together but can’t tell for sure.

Are there electrical tests I can perform? Am I worried about nothing?

Thank you for any help!

35e8656d1060c10529c7e9bd77fad286.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I could contact the seller. If its so close you needed to use paper to feel the gap then thats really close. Not dealing with a cheap junk motor so it should be perfect out of the box for that price.

I'd say they are likely too close. You still have to solder the motor wires on and I'd be concerner that they are so close the 2 tabs may just end up soldered together.

I gotta ask... Where did you buy that motor from? There's a few things to me that just do not look right for it to be a legit Tekin ROC412 motor.

Thank you for the input everyone! I reached out to Tekin and have returned the motor to them (at their suggestion) to replace the solder tabs.

I think others have said this before - super impressed with Tekin customer service. They replied to me in less than a day, provided instructions for how to fix the tabs, and offered to fix them for me if preferred.

This was my first experience with a Tekin motor. I’m looking forward to using more of their products in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back