• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Modding a CR-24

Trailratt

So I'm up to a couple of SCX24's and a CR-24 D90, and figured I'd practice mods on the CR-24. I just ordered some CR-18 tires, RGT Swamper tires, a couple of 55T .050 motors (88T are on backorder). Cr-24 aluminum shocks, and extra driveshaft set and tranny gears in case I break anything. Also grabbed a CR-18 panhard set to see if it might fit the CR-24 and help with the steering. I'll have to wait on some other upgrades as a lot of stuff is on backorder (RGT motor, wheel weights) and might order the Carisma F150 body.

Anyone try the CR-18 upgrade kit (new motor, esc, and servo) from Asiatees? I'm wondering if it's a worthwhile upgrade over the stock stuff. I'm hoping the aluminum CR-24 shocks are good quality and if they might work on my SCX24.

The CR-18 pan hard set won’t work with the CR-24 axles, the panhard bar reaches to the knuckle, and the CR-18 axles are wider. A custom length bar would be easy enough to make though.

i made a simple panhard bar for my cr24,with a ziptie. the cr18 axles will fit onto the cr24.

Finally got some parts in and put on the larger CR-18 tires. They are just a little bit taller than the JLU tires. Did a little bit more research and found a guy on Youtube who cut the CR-18 panhard bar and melted it back together with a lighter. I'm thinking it might be better to cut and sleeve it or use a couple of ball ends with a piece of threaded rod. Interesting that the mounting plate on the CR-24 is predrilled with a hole for a ball stud and the CR-18 requires a new plate.

Ordered the Carisma F150 body this week so hoping that it fits when it arrives in a week or so. Specs show the CR-24 with a wheelbase of 123 mm and the Carisma MSA-1E as 125 mm and looks like nice large wheel openings.

Attachments

• RCC big tires.jpg
    RCC big tires.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 664
  • RCC panhard.jpg
    RCC panhard.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 849
Back