• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Moa build advice

DHnewkid3624

Hi I was initially planning on finding a hbz warthog chassis and building my own custom moa crawler with bully 2 axles or xr10 axles depending on what i could find as i need two front axle sets to have rear steer. My question to the more knowledgeable moa users out there would be do i keep searching for my intended chassis to build my moa or do i buy an xr10 as i have found a new in box xr10 kit?

Are you trying to make a comp crawler or a just for fun rig? What is your budget?

If you're building a just for fun rig then do what you want to do. The xr axles are a pain, and parts are getting hard to find, however they work fine if your not intending to comp with them. To make xr axles right for competition you are looking at probably $300 maybe more just in parts (gears, vp gear cases, vp axle toppers, aluminum chubs, aluminum knuckles) plus time because most parts for the xr are no longer made. If you are wanting a comp rig definitely find a different chassis, and maybe some berg v1 axles. Berg v1 axles are much more reliable, and parts for them are made by dlux fab where you can make them indestructible. Bully 2 axles aren't bad, but they have some issues too with some of the bearings.

Its just going to be a fun rig but i dont have a set budget. So it sounds like i should stick with the warthog and get berg v1 axles.

The standard berg v1 are pretty strong the only problems that I have seen are the axle shafts but that is fixable with the dlux fab axle shafts and second they are heavy which can be fixed by either lathing down the tubes or get dlux tubes and shaving the cases or get dlux replacement cases. Take look in the berg section you will find more info and thoughts there, alot of people run the superlites and have for years, if you want bombproof the superlites are it. I have been running a set of older superlites for a few years and so far no isssues, but I had a set of v1 before and they were good to but I wanted more.

Get a star for 20 bucks and post a wanted add on here or pro shafty and moa group on Facebook you might be able to find a set of bergs with all the mods done to them or an older set of superlites.

The other option is to build out dlux repacement case axles the parts needed are on dlux fab and here is what you need:
replacement cases with tubes, gears, bearings, axle shafts, chubs, knuckles, make steering links (not sure if it is cheaper than the superlites though...)

I stumbled upon dlux fabs super lite moa axles today. Thoughts? Worth the $490 each?

Dluxfab axles IMO the new version are worth the money. If I had the $1000.00 to burn I'd buy a set...

You probably could find a set of v1 competition ready axles for 500.00ish if you're lucky.

Back