• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

MN99S with problems

Scatenato

Hello!

I am Rob from the Netherlands and I just inscribed myself to this forum. I am a complete newbie, so I hope you won`t mind me asking a few (maybe stupid) questions.
I love Landrovers and bought a MN99S for my son. A cheaper one from Aliexpress, just to see if it is something for us. But, it arrived broken. The remote does not seem to be working with the car. If i try to put the car in motion, nothing really happens. There is some movement, but not the way it should be. To show you, I made this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu0b5Hq0g60

Can anybody help me with some advice? Seller claims the car got damaged during the spedition.

It seems I need to find replacement parts, but I do not know what exactly. The seller is suggesting to replace this part inside the vehicle: it is coded: XX-312R. I have to replace it myself. Does that seems a good idea?

I also found this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_BO15a8
A complete remote compatible with: 1/12 MN-D90, MN-D90K, MN-D91, MN-D91K, MN-45, MN45K, MN-96, MN96K, MN-99, MN99K RC Car
But NOT my MN99S...even though it is the same car. Could this maybe work?

I would be happy with any suggetion, because it would be great to use this car.

Thanks for all your answers!

Rob.

What battery type are you using nimh or lipo each type of battery has a differnt setting so if lets say you are using a nimh and the speed controler is set to lipo it could cause your the issues your having

First of all: thanks for your answer! This is what I know:

car battery: 7.4V/1200mAH Li battery
Remote battery: 1.5V AA*2

Both fully charged in the video.

Remote control signal: 2.4Ghz high frequency. Seller claims PCB board inside the car is damaged. That seems strange to me....

I only use the battery delivered with the car, so that should be ok....what else could it be? Thanks again!! Rob.

Have you asked to return it? thats what I would do personally.

Looks like you're already considering buying parts to fix it so whats wrong with some extra shipping costs to ship it back.

Back