• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Milwaukee Rock Crawling Spot - South Shore Park

schmenzer

Rock Stacker
Just south of the South Shore Yacht Club, on Milwaukee's Near South Side, is South Shore Park. Just behind the extensive playground is a jetty/pier that extends a couple of hundred feet into the harbor and on this spit of land are rocks. Lots of them!

I found this spot to be more usable that the Bender Park Rocks and was able to string together several long runs from the end of the foot path to the beach on the right side. I have been making some modifications to my Scorpion RTR so I expect it, as well as me, is getting more competent but overall it is easier to get a workable route through the rocks. There are plenty of more challenging routes as well so fear not, you will be challenged! In addition, there are some pretty east routes right along the foot path. I liked this area to build confidence and, for scale rigs, it looks like a good trail!

I am not that far from this spot, probably 15-20 minutes, so I'll likely go there fairly often.

Greg
Mini Speedway RC

Attachments

• south-shore1096.jpg
    south-shore1096.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 295
  • south-shore1097.jpg
    south-shore1097.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 295
  • south-shore1098.jpg
    south-shore1098.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 288
  • south-shore1099.jpg
    south-shore1099.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 287
  • south-shore1100.jpg
    south-shore1100.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 285
  • south-shore1101.jpg
    south-shore1101.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 316
Thats in South Mill right. What street is it off of. I didn't know there was a park between Grant and Bender. When I get One of my rigs runnin I'll give it a try.

The park is still in Milwaukee but the area is called Bay View. The park is called South Shore Park. It is not between Grant and Bender but well north of Grant. Probably 8 miles north of South Milwaukee. You have Cudahy and then St Francis going north from South Milwaukee and then you are still have a couple of miles more north to go.

It is just south of South Shore Yacht Club which is just south of The Hoan Bridge.

Maybe the Map will help!

Greg

Attachments

• south-shore.jpg
    south-shore.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 263
More shots from South Shore with the new Toyota.

Attachments

• cr-01-1138.jpg
    cr-01-1138.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 252
  • cr-01-1137.jpg
    cr-01-1137.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 252
I went to South Shore to test my redone Scorpion ARTR. Wow! What a difference a good Comp rig and decent tires make at this place. It opened up a bunch of lines that were impossible on previous trips. There are a ton of areas that could SICK comp courses.

Attachments

• south-shore-771.jpg
    south-shore-771.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 240
  • south-shore-770.jpg
    south-shore-770.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 245
  • south-shore-774.jpg
    south-shore-774.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 238
  • south-shore-772.jpg
    south-shore-772.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 244
  • south-shore-773.jpg
    south-shore-773.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 234
  • south-shore-776.jpg
    south-shore-776.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 241
Nice spot is the comp still going on next weekend the27th just might be able top make it..............kasper

If you guys crawl a lot on that kind of rock, I would concider running down to the Ohio Battlegrounds Comp! Here's a quick pic (I think this is Darkhorse's run on one of the courses)
HPIM0479.jpg

Back