• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Micro crawler advice

jaredcrawler185

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys,
So it's been a while since I last posted but have still been lurking around lol. Anyway so I have a job working from home and working more hours than before in a mountain of paperwork lol for the last year or so and I love it. However before this I would load my truck up and hit the trail before work and on the way home which was close to my job. Now I can't do that so I built a crawler course which is in an area of 20ft x 20ft however my 1/10 crawler can chew through this in a matter of min. So I got to thinking I could sell my 1/10 and get a 1/18 scale. It would allow me to make more obstacles on my course and take a bit longer to do.

I have on order an rc4wd Gelande 2 1/18 scale. My reason for liking it more than others is it's metal and a hard body and about as scale as you can get. Which is what I love scale trucks.

However after my fiasco with hpi and the venture I had I'm a little nervous to buy new brands and was wondering if rc4wd had good customer service and if they are reliable.

And is this truck a good one?

Also I have a esc/rx with a drag brake from an ecx barrage could I fit this on there? Or does it have to be a system made for micros m

Last edited:
That is really a 1/24 scale rig as for the drivetrain size. Be sure to get the newest transmission from RC4WD and not the original release transmission. It should be good to go after that. The ESC you have will be too big.

Look on Amazon and order an RGT Adventurer for $100 also. This is the ECX Barrage but with better tires and a full body.

Hi guys,
So it's been a while since I last posted but have still been lurking around lol. Anyway so I have a job working from home and working more hours than before in a mountain of paperwork lol for the last year or so and I love it. However before this I would load my truck up and hit the trail before work and on the way home which was close to my job. Now I can't do that so I built a crawler course which is in an area of 20ft x 20ft however my 1/10 crawler can chew through this in a matter of min. So I got to thinking I could sell my 1/10 and get a 1/18 scale. It would allow me to make more obstacles on my course and take a bit longer to do.

I have on order an rc4wd Gelande 2 1/18 scale. My reason for liking it more than others is it's metal and a hard body and about as scale as you can get. Which is what I love scale trucks.

However after my fiasco with hpi and the venture I had I'm a little nervous to buy new brands and was wondering if rc4wd had good customer service and if they are reliable.

And is this truck a good one?

Also I have a esc/rx with a drag brake from an ecx barrage could I fit this on there? Or does it have to be a system made for micros m
Is the ESC from a 1/24 Barrage or larger? Either way the RC4WD ESC doesn't have a great reputation and seems like its worth upgrading.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back