• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mamba x with motor combo. Does this look like a scam? Or are there different mamba x

Alxe24

I’m looking to go brushless and I narrowed it down to mamba x or tekin rx4. When looking around for pricing on the mamba it seems to be all over the place and I’m not sure if there are different model/specs or why can the price vary so much. I found one with a motor included for about the same as the bare ESC. I don’t want to buy something and realize i made a mistake.
d013bb2a4c8789f85bfbaca37e25899e.jpg

6153bdea585812dfb4654d4fedf047f7.jpg

47813952186c7a9a727fde4da28b739d.jpg

d2f8a77ab5d20bd633c1aeaddd9c1159.jpg

I can see the last one has a different motor but i can’t tell what the difference is and if it’s worth getting.
Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castle pricing can be different site to site. Usually I find rpp has the best pricing if you can use the 10% off codes.

I always shop between amain and rpp, sometimes one has better pricing than the other. Usually depends on which discount codes are offered.

The first one you showed is a 3800kv, which is pretty fast by most peoples standards.

Can’t tell you the difference between slate and other motors. I just get slates because they are meant for crawlers.

Agree with twade, the 3800kv is a bit fast. I run the slate 2850kv n it has plenty of torque n speed for crawlin.

That last motor u posted is more of a basher motor than anything. Idk as that would even fit in a crawler motor mount

That last motor would be a beast on 4s (to get the rpm's up) if you can fit it and don't mind the extra weight. It's the same diameter as all the other crawler motors we use, but it's 62mm long. The 1406 blue motor is only 50mm long. I have the 1415 (70mm) 2400kv castle motor in my 2.2 wraith based truck, and it's a monster.

That said, the 1406 2850kv slate is a very versatile motor... it'll work well in just about everything.

This is a good deal... liquid rc is legit. https://www.liquidrc.com/item/CSE01...9NQpK9WI83-mDjl_-E-YtuCz8q3QF1ChoCBQYQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Id say it’s legit on Amazon. I’d still look at the seller though. Some stuff can be found very cheap on there compared to other websites. And they often do flash sales. For example, I just picked up a pair of AirPods Pro on Amazon for $189 compared to $250 on Apples site.

BUT, I do agree with previous posts that 3800kv seems a little fast.

Last edited:
The first one you showed is a 3800kv, which is pretty fast by most peoples standards.

Can’t tell you the difference between slate and other motors. I just get slates because they are meant for crawlers.

Thanks for the advise a great catch about the kv.. i dod see 3800 bit o did think of the application. I was blinded by the price [emoji2]

Thank you DRED805. you found ma a bargain. O appreciate it.
And thanks to everyone else for chiming in.

Back