• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mamba X Mounting

zackerin7

How have people mounted the Mamba X? Is there a good way to do it without using two sided tape/velcro and/or zip ties?

The double sided tape has been working great for me. Any reason why your not wanting to use it?

What type of tape are you using? No real reason I have against the tape just want to make sure it is secure as compared to some form of mechanical attachment.

I'm using the 3M tape that came with my mamba X esc/motor combo or my Yeti kit, cant remember for sure. I mean I flipped, crashed, cartwheeled and it still hasn't come off. And if does sometime, I'll just get more and redo it I suppose. I have an Arrma Nero that ESC came off with the stock double sided tape that it came with out of the box. I went to Home Depot and got this Scotch/3M tape that was rated "Extreme". I used that and that ESC is not coming off without some prying. Good stuff.

I'm using the 3M tape that came with my mamba X esc/motor combo or my Yeti kit, cant remember for sure. I mean I flipped, crashed, cartwheeled and it still hasn't come off. And if does sometime, I'll just get more and redo it I suppose. I have an Arrma Nero that ESC came off with the stock double sided tape that it came with out of the box. I went to Home Depot and got this Scotch/3M tape that was rated "Extreme". I used that and that ESC is not coming off without some prying. Good stuff.

Indeed. Far better than the "hook-and-loop" stuff.

p_1000831011.jpg

Back