• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mamba X for brushed motors.

bbrigg

Quarry Creeper
How good is the Mamba X ESC on brushed motors? I'm using one on a brushed rig and it seems very good and I love having the aux wire to change drag brake settings. I also like the other settings available.

I haven't, however, used a good pure brushed ESC and was wondering if anyone who has used both can comment.

~more facts, logic and personal responsibility would make the world a far better place than all the leftist ideas could dream of.

While I haven’t used a mamba x with a brushed motor (I have 3 mamba x but all are brushless), I have used a HH BRXL which allows similar tuning and is great. I like it far better than the HW1080, which is fine for the price.

I don’t think the BRXL has aux wire functionality though. At the end of the day it’s really hard to beat the mamba esc’s, they’re so versatile and good at a whole lot of things.

I'm not the best at judging low speed smoothness because I, myself, am not the smoothest on the throttle trigger. I also don't do back to back comparisons, but I think the Mamba X and HobbyWing 1080 are comparable in startup and smoothness. I have no complaints about the Mamba X. Any smoothness that may be lost is worth it in exchange for getting the Auxiliary Wire.

I've used Mamba X's and brushed motors for quite a few builds and I dont feel like it lacks anything compared to a brushed only ESC. It has a nice smooth start up and the ability to tune the throttle curve.

I guess what I've tried in terms of brushed only ESC's would be the Holmes Hobbies BR-XL which I thought I heard is MMP based, so I'm comparing Castle to Castle essentially. The BR-XL just got a new firmware update BTW, it added drag brake ramp as well as active drag which are really nice additions (both features that the Mamba X already had).

Most of the esc's don't change low speed control that much. Compared to gearing, motor and voltage choices. Some however, like the hobbywing esc's, have a jump in the minimum start speed. So you can't get that buzzing before the motor begins to spin, with certain desired settings enabled (active drag brake)

To those who have set up the Mamba X with a brushed motor...
How did you do the wiring? I see three ports for wires to the motor, not two, so how is it done?

Thanks.

To those who have set up the Mamba X with a brushed motor...
How did you do the wiring? I see three ports for wires to the motor, not two, so how is it done?

Thanks.

I know the outside motor wire plugs are positive and negative. Flip a coin on which one is positive, and then switch them if the motor needs to be reversed.

Back