• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Making the Bomber RR10 more stable

Nato79

Gday all, I have a bomber kit version that I have built Has a hobbywing 3400kv set up in it and I use it for U4RC rock racing.
It seems alot more off balanced than my Yeti and rolls alot easier.
What Mods can I do to make this a tad more stable?
Extend wheel base? If so how?
Add wheel weights? Isnt this just for crawling?
What tires would you recommend for U4RC (looking at pitbulls but open)

AQnd waht other mods would you recommend??
Have steel drives, Steel servo mount and will be going to steel AR60 axles soon.

Cheers

Crawler Innovations foams, Deuces Wild or Double Deuces!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

You can also look at lowering the ride height. Widening the track with something like the Vanquish SLW hubs will help as well. Not sure which tires you are using, but a less-grippy compound than crawler tires could be beneficial.

I would stay away from wheel weights unless you are crawling. Rotating mass is the worst kind. If you haven't upgraded links yet, Vanquish has a set of stainless links that will get some more weight down low. Vanquish Links

Last edited:
By design, the Yeti will always have a lower COG than a full solid axle rig and will tend to handle better too. But there are things you can do to help....

Using different spring rates to dial in static sag (ride height). Links and trailing arms level has worked for me and many others.
90mm front shocks
Crawler Innovations foams as stated above. No need to short yourself with hard compound tires
adding just a little bit of additional track width
Aluminum axles do move the COG down just a little bit as well as adding beef tubes to the stock housings.
Aluminum beadlocks (VP, Motoworx, Incision, LURC, etc...)

Wraith transmission swap. Physically smaller trans and the motor sits right down on the skid plate (DMG makes an adapter or you can just drill the skid)

Beyond that...driving technique comes into play also. Steering with the throttle and letting it roll through the corner and then feeding into the power on exit. U4 racing is just as much about driving smart as it is going fast.

Small note: I'd highly discourage extending the bomber wheelbase.

sent from the Upside Down

What are the cons to extending it?
Decreased turning radius, more probability of high centering.
From an opinion point of view they don't look as good. I actually prefer them 1/2" to 3/4" shorter than stock wheelbase.

Small note: I'd highly discourage extending the bomber wheelbase.

From a racing point of view I'd discourage it also, stock Bomber is only 5mm short of the rules max anyway, doubtful that will add any significant benefit anyway.

Sitting lower & wider will make more improvement than longer.

Back