• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

MadDogRC - "chino63" Scale 5" LED Light Bar

Mad4Rnr

RCC Addict
MadDogRC in conjunction with chino63 are pleased to present another size in the complete line of robust scale LED light bars.

chino635LB_001-editcopy.jpg

Features and Specifications:
- Fifteen pure white LEDs output a total of 135 lumens.
- Clear epoxy potting ensures a watertight assembly.
- Rugged aluminum housing with hard black anodize coating.
- Integrated mounting brackets fit M3 hardware.
- Eight inches of quality 22AWG hook up wire.
- Maximum input voltage: 12VDC
- Current draw: 250mA @ 11.1VDC
- Dimensions: 129.6 x 13 x 10.5mm [5.1 x 0.51 x 0.41in]
- Weight: ~21g [0.7oz]
- p/n: MDRC007

chino635LB_002-editcopy.jpg

To purchase please click here: "chino63 Scale 5" LED Light Bar"

Mad_Dog_Sm.jpg

Last edited:
So can I run these directly to a battery and a switch or is it more complicated than that?

These work best when powered from a 3s battery (the LEDs are 12v rated). Some guys run dedicated batteies but i run mine from the main battery. Your choice if you use a switch or not.

Last edited:
12v max, so regulated through a BEC or straight from a 3s Lipo?
At what voltage do they really start to get dim?

LEDs look like SMT 15-20deg models, so can you mount this upside down, with the same effect, or will I get more light in the sky?

12v max, so regulated through a BEC or straight from a 3s Lipo?
At what voltage do they really start to get dim?

LEDs look like SMT 15-20deg models, so can you mount this upside down, with the same effect, or will I get more light in the sky?

Sorry for the late reply, just noticed this.

Straight from the battery is fine, no need for BEC unless you run 4s. If you like your batteries you may want to consider a LiPo protector / cutoff though. 9v is really the lower limit on these, anything less and you see diminished output.

These are actually 120deg LEDs but you get a bit of focusing from the concave surface of the epoxy. Our 1" light bars and rock lights work great faced down so either way you're set.

Back