• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Loud Gear Mesh

Snowman110011

I joined the Band!
I just put a new Hobbywing Fusion in my SCX10.2 build, I’m running a 13t pinion on 56t spur,

No matter how I mesh it, it’s still loud and aggravating I’ve narrowed it down to the spur and pinion, everything else is deadly silent. Is this normal nothing is binding and I can move the spur gear with my finger no resistance.

Any tips?

Sent from an iPhone in a land far far away

Never mind I got it right, wouldn’t let me delete the post.

I loosened the motor and just kept putting it in different positions until I got the mesh perfect, took me quite a few tries, the paper trick didn’t work, just keep adjusting until it feels right and I finally got it quite as a mouse.

I loosened the motor and just kept putting it in different positions until I got the mesh perfect, took me quite a few tries, the paper trick didn’t work, just keep adjusting until it feels right and I finally got it quite as a mouse.

I did the same. Paper method didn't work for me. I'm running the same spur/pinion on a vs410 with HW FUSION 1800. It had a loud gritty sound at full throttle. Upon inspection, I found there was too much play between the spur and pinion. I lowered the tolerance between the spur/pinion but that resulted in a whinny pitch at low speeds but dead silent at full throttle. Is this ok or should I dial it back?

Back