• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi super night crawler

CM9000

I wanna be Dave
This wont be the first super losi, but the first super sized losi night crawler.

Since nearing completion of my superclass losi rig, I have decided to start on the centerpiece of this project. Started with a 1 piece wraith trans output gear from robinson racing. Ended up with this after a few hours on the lathe and some time on the drill press. This will be a slow build as well, but i have already accumulated 2 sets of wheels and tires for this rig.

Going in between a krazed builds unstuck v1 rail set is this little do-hickey-spinner-teeth-shafty.

9dc618892896fc024f011bf9dcee07ac.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I was going to pick between 3 idler gears, xr10 gear (not shown, does not need to be machined), a drive gear from the og ax10 trans, or the random idler gear on the bottom left.. I thought it was a metal axial idler.. But the bearing pocket after I spun it on the lathe, I found out was not metric.

Drive gear is to small, plus the bearings would be about the same size, that would interfere with a 14t or smaller pinion.

So.... Im going to go with a xr10 trans gear. I think its the 25t gear that is seperate of the shafts. Its going to work, I hope I can stick the gear low between the pinion and power gear.

f06d6aafb91f44fc65a34fb41c3ffa24.jpg

Last edited:
changed my mind. doing portals instead. no trans. and this eflite motor is the right size for an external sensor board. cant wait to get my parts back.

d3f45b396403121858e564cf8a855f60.jpg

07aba5270704af7de87eb834d654be44.jpg

367a16be9f34ae8cf18875ebd5491ef5.jpg

Whatever happened to this?

my 2.2p and shafty got in the way. had to prioritize those two rigs for supershafty fall crawl this year. same happened last year.

i have tires for it right now and picked up some Kyosho 30:1 worm gears to pair with portals. axle housing design will be soon.

I'm not sure where you are going with this, but since I got into rock crawling I've wanted to build a shafty super. I forgot about it for a while but after buying an old super recently with worm drive axles I'm thinking about it again. idk if we are thinking anything alike but I'm interested in what you come up with. I need to figure out what 5mm shafts are fat enough on the ends to machine some tangs that fit the lockers, but that should not be too hard. I might end up going with Dlux shafts.

I'm not sure where you are going with this, but since I got into rock crawling I've wanted to build a shafty super. I forgot about it for a while but after buying an old super recently with worm drive axles I'm thinking about it again. idk if we are thinking anything alike but I'm interested in what you come up with. I need to figure out what 5mm shafts are fat enough on the ends to machine some tangs that fit the lockers, but that should not be too hard. I might end up going with Dlux shafts.

for losi worm gears, youll need to run a 3:1 trans or bigger to drop the wheelspeed.
kyosho worm gears dont use a locker. the spool uses a set screw to secure it to the shaft that holds the dogbone cups.

whats this old super with worm drives look like?

Back