• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi Night Crawler Low Voltage Cutoff

ewx050

All you LNC owners please chime in and let me know how well your low voltage cutoff works.

My low voltage cutoff never stops my LNC from running. In fact, I'm pretty sure it does just about nothing. I'll turn off my LNC when I start noticing a lack of power which at such slow speeds is tough to do. When I put my LiPo on the charger it's then down to 5.75-ish volts and the cells are somewhat unbalanced. My charger (Passport Ultra) will test the battery for 2 minutes, all the while bringing up the voltage a bit. It will fail at least once before it gets the battery above the 6v minimum and starts charging normally.

Anyway, how exactly is the low voltage cutoff supposed to behave?

Thanks

The low voltage cutoff is supposed to stop the vehicle at no less than 3.0V/cell. What LVC are you running? What electronics?

If you're running the stock Losi ESC you need to make sure you program it for the LiPo setting.

To make sure it is correct, when you plug in your battery pack and turn it on, the light should flash red three times. If it does, then you're in LiPo mode, which should cut off the voltage at 6.0v. At this point, my LNC will not move forward or in reverse.

If the light flashes green on start up, you're in the wrong mode and you can damage your battery!

Instructions for the ESC programming are on page 8 of your owners manual.

And if you are in LiPo mode and your still able to drop below 6.0v, then you should replace the ESC.

Good Luck!

OK, ugh, now I feel like a total dumba$$ noob (which in reality I am :mrgreen:!). The first thing I did when I got my LNC this Christmas was set up the ESC for Lipo and crawler mode. Somehow (and I'm sure it's my fault) it got set back to NiMH/NiCd (flashing green). That's the first thing I should have checked. Sorry to bug all of you guys but thanks for the replies anyway!

Back