• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi Micro FPV video Rig

SuperDave420

Rock Stacker
I wanted to see how this lil Crawler would do with some FPV video equipment on it. :flipoff:

works really well !. lots of fun. driving it down the street from my DLP or the Video Goggles. just send my son out to flip it back over from time to time lol.

all the video gear is from RangeVideo.

using the Delrin Torsion chassis, dyed and boiled. Solder wrapped wheels, 4 batteries. 2 stock losi batts in parallel for the motor, and then a video battery and a lighting battery, 4 wheels steering ( for fun )

this little truck is a blast !. lots of fun and cheap to maintain.

it's not pretty, but you can;t see it with the goggles on "thumbsup"
Hopefully noone is on 56K anymore :lmao:

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

Last edited:
Ya, nothin showin up. Put a link to the sorce you are getting them from. Ill help you.

works for me with your pix. just take the direct link that ends in .JPG and above where you type your post click the square box that has a mountain landscape.
IMG_1099.JPG

You're the MAN !!! right on, thank you

Your welcome bud.

But this guy really explained it. lol.
works for me with your pix. just take the direct link that ends in .JPG and above where you type your post click the square box that has a mountain landscape.

Could you please tell me where EXACTLY you got that camera?? That is sweet! A link to it would be awesome.

Last edited:
I always found it odd that the picture icon on Vbulletin forums is a mountain landscape. ( barely looks like one) I mean, wouldn't an Icon of a camera make more sense? I bet more people would notice it and use it. hell for years I just manually typed the tags :ror:

cool setup, have you recorded any of the FPV video?

Could you please tell me where EXACTLY you got that camera?? That is sweet! A link to it would be awesome.

Right on
Camera http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php...id=212&zenid=ece70277669ec0782ee32d78d5bd622e

5.8Ghz TX & RX http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php...=35_59&zenid=ece70277669ec0782ee32d78d5bd622e

Filtered linear voltage regulator http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php...id=161&zenid=ece70277669ec0782ee32d78d5bd622e

it was all really reasonably priced gear that works really well. The camera also comes with a night time lens without an IR filter. still need to try that, but some videos on youtube show it to work really well in the dark. better if you have IR led lights on the truck.

I always found it odd that the picture icon on Vbulletin forums is a mountain landscape. ( barely looks like one) I mean, wouldn't an Icon of a camera make more sense? I bet more people would notice it and use it. hell for years I just manually typed the tags :ror:

cool setup, have you recorded any of the FPV video?[/QUOTE]

lol yea I felt like a total retard after flying the middle finger smiley icon and not knowing how to add the pics. A image of a camera just makes too much sense lol.

nothing recorded yet, cannot get my Archos to record anything to save my life yet. Going to try my old RCA Lyra DVR next . I'll post the vids when I do.

after being away and flying for soo long it was awesome to sit back in the chair and drive with the goggle on and not worry about crashing !. I was even drinking and driving lol. was nice and relaxing. kinda of funny to when I start seeing the view climb towards the sky then end up upside down ( Hey Nick, run out there and flip it back over for me )

fun stuff.
Dave

You know, this reminds me i have a micro camera and RX from an old heli that would work decently for this. vid quality isnt that great considering how old it is but hey. use what ya got haha "thumbsup"

Really nice setup!!
Sorry for the nob question but Where do you place the Filtered linear voltage regulator?
Between the camera and the tx or between the battery and the tx?

Thanx

Wow, this is very cool.."thumbsup"I tried using my go pro motorsport camera mounted to the top of my rig, but it was way to tall and made the thing flip constantly. Can't wait to see footage from this setup..unreal.:shock:

Really nice setup!!
Sorry for the nob question but Where do you place the Filtered linear voltage regulator?
Between the camera and the tx or between the battery and the tx?

Thanx

no worries :) I placed the regulator between the video battery and tx/cam. i.e. the regulator powers the camera and vid tx.

since I am using a seperate battery for the video gear the filtered regulator may be un-necesary because the motor noise is not on any of the wires, but I still think it's proper to use it.

I need to shield the motor next, when the motor is on there is some fuzz on the video. a simple foil wrap may work.

Wow, this is very cool.."thumbsup"I tried using my go pro motorsport camera mounted to the top of my rig, but it was way to tall and made the thing flip constantly. Can't wait to see footage from this setup..unreal.:shock:

I'll try to get footage posted ASAP "thumbsup"

Back