• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Loosing power???

Stan3535

Pebble Pounder
Hi there,
My wraith had a Holmes hobby brushed torquemaster 20 Turn in it running off a Castle sv2 ESC with a Castle BEC. The servo is a Solar 772. My batteries are 3s 1000MAH 20C.

As I crawl it slowly looses power to where I have to let up to zero throttle then it regains power. Kinda like if you have a air bubble in your car brakes you let up and re apply and they are fine....temporarily.

So I have swapped everything one by one to trouble shoot this and no luck. I switched to a Mamba Pro ESC, Traxxas 21 turn. It still does the same thing. Gradually looses power. I even ran the Mamba Pro with and without the external BEC. So I do not have another BEC to try?

I checked both ESC settings on my laptop.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong would be HIGHLY appreciated!

Thanks a bunch! "thumbsup"

Try a battery with more amps or a higher C rating, or both maybe.

Change your gearing if it isn't good already and def get a higher c rating on your battery. I won't run anything less than 30c. Your battery could be toast. Have you checked the voltage on all the cells and balnced it properly? I had a 3s that got a bad cell that would take a charge but it discharged quickly that did something like you are describeing and I was told at the time it was because I had a 20c battery. I have 1 30c now and the rest are 40c or 45c and have not had that issue since."thumbsup"

Back