• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Looking to buy first crawler

JLORENZEN

Thanks for stopping by, as the title says, I am looking to purchase my first crawler. Mostly interested in genuine rock crawling rather than trails. I have been shopping around for a few weeks now and have narrowed my choices down to a few that stood out to me (to you seasoned folk it may look like I'm all over the place, but I come from entirely bashers so this is new to me):

- Axial Capra
- Axial SCX10
- Losi Nightcrawler SE
- TRX 4
- Redcat Gen 8 Scout

If there are others I'm missing, please feel free to share. Thanks for your time.

JLorenzen.

Are you looking to build? RTR ARTR? What is your budget neighborhood.

What do you need? Do you have Lipos and a Charger? Presume you may coming out of bashing but always good to ask.

JLorenzen.

Are you looking to build? RTR ARTR? What is your budget neighborhood.

What do you need? Do you have Lipos and a Charger? Presume you may coming out of bashing but always good to ask.

I have the LiPos and charger handled, and am comfortable with any level of completion. I am looking to keep the rig at or below $500 (that figure doesn't include the electronics if in kit form).

Wow, that looks like an awesome kit. That seems like a pretty versatile crawler, and like you mentioned: high quality!

We have a sub-forum dedicated to this kit with some impressive builds in it. Check out what Casey (HumboldtEF) has done in his for an idea of how custom these can get pretty easily. Soze’s thread is a great detailed break down of the build process among other things. "thumbsup"

Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech - SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit at RCCrawler.com

Check out the SSD Trail King kit too, it just went on sale. Great quality.

Wow it's a steal at $320! You should post up a thread in the TK section announcing the sale. We need to generate as much hype about this truck as possible. I don't think the word is out there or at least not spread wide enough.

Wow, that looks like an awesome kit. That seems like a pretty versatile crawler, and like you mentioned: high quality!

Yes, it is a very high quality kit. It's basically an upgraded SCX10 II with higher quality and a scale drive train.

I'm currently building 2 SSD Kits, one converted to a leafer. They are Great Kits, and at 319.99 on sale at RPP, its a really good price. So good I picked up my 2nd SSD Kit because of it. lol Paid 369 for the 1st kit a month back.

Great kit to build, and for 35.00 a set, you can put the metal tubes on it, leaving only the Pumpkins plastic in the build. Have both built atm, still tweaking the Leafer kit, but the other kit is built up stock and my Pinions just got here so that one will be getting her Heart and Brain installed finally.

Back