• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Looking for suggestions to upgrade Servo on my Wraith

I'm new to crawling this is my first Wraith. I'm running a 20t motor and upgraded Traxxas XL-5 ESC. I burnt out my stock servo and want to upgrade to a waterproof servo that's best for crawling and trails. Don't care about speed. Any suggestions? What's your experience?

I Would go with the Savox SW-0231 mg. It's powerfull digital waterproof and cheap. I have one and love it.

It really depends on how much your willing to spend. You could go with a Hitec 7950 and not have any worries(with a bit of waterproofing) or go with a solar d772 which is super cheap (less than 20 bucks) and go from there. Or go with a middle of the road already waterproof servo and beat it to death. Your call.

Savox 1230-SG has worked for me. Middle of the road price wise, and plenty strong. I beat the crap out of my wraith, and cracked the front case of the Savox. $6 later it was fixed.

if you go with hitec, you will have an awesome working servo for life. I've had five for 6 years. I got a used one from someone else, stripped the gear out (input), and a week later and for the cost of shipping I had it right back in my hands again.

Back