• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Kentucky rock crawling area

THEmicroRR

Quarry Creeper
I'm visiting the Mammoth Cave area for 5 days and want to play! Any info on a good rock crawling area would be great.

I live in Kentucky (Bowling Green), not too far from Mammoth Caves.
I dont know of any places (i'm sure there are plenty), so i'm interested in hearing about some places as well.
And yes, the kentucky forum is very dead indeed.

Go in the comp forum and search Green River . You will find links to it there . You will have a small drive but Green River is a great place to crawl . "thumbsup"

Go in the comp forum and search Green River . You will find links to it there . You will have a small drive but Green River is a great place to crawl . "thumbsup"

Its an awesome place to crawl!! Info posted from a previous comp at Green River:

DIRECTIONS-
Here's a Map Quest link to Skilesville which is right next to the camp site:

*^Click the image^*
greenriverariel.jpg

ACCOMIDATIONS
There is no power, but parking, campgrounds and a porta potty are available.

Area info-Hotel accommodations are available at Morgantown and Central City Kentucky. RV parking, food, gas, and hotels are available there.

In the past many of us have used the Super 8 Motel in Central City. They have accommodated and tolerated us in the past. Mention the South East Rock Crawlers, and if you have any problems ask for Lynn.
LINK

GR030.jpg

GR015.jpg

100_6434MediumWTMK.jpg

100_6621MediumWTMK.jpg

100B6552MediumWTMK.jpg

May also want to keep an eye on the river levels if you are planning on going there. Anything over 13' it starts getting a little scarce. Anything below 9' is awesome!!!
rchk2_hg.png

On your way home, swing up through Louisville and cross the bridge into Indiana. First Exit in Indiana will take you to the Falls Of The Ohio, another great crawling area.

Thanks for the info rock heads!! I wasn't able to visit any of the areas mentioned, but Jellystone Park camp resort, which is where we took the kids, was AWESOME. There is all kinds of places on the campgrounds and right next to my cabin. Here's some pics. And i'm planning on going to the falls of Ohio in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested.

Are any of you guys from the bowling green or surrounding areas?
Im new to the Rc world and was hoping to find some other people and places to crawl at. Any response is appreciated. Thanks.

Are any of you guys from the bowling green or surrounding areas?
Im new to the Rc world and was hoping to find some other people and places to crawl at. Any response is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm 45 minutes from BG..crawling/ scale running is non existing in my area. Wouldn't mind coming to Bg to run with some folks. Good spots up this way just nobody to run with.

Im from the bowling green area and crawl by myself all the time, I know of several good areas around here. Shanty hollow, lost river cave, Rochester dam, etc.

Back