• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just picked up an ECX Barrage

wwaveform

So I picked up this lightly-used 1/12 ECX Barrage. Been keen to get into 1/12 crawlers. It was all entirely stock, but so far I've swapped the motor for a 37T crawler motor out of my Axial UTB18, full droop on the suspension, 3D printed full-size battery tray, and some General Grabbers from my old Element Trailrunner. In time I want to make a Jeep Wrangler TJ body for it.

Ic2EC5o.jpg

S0pIU3W

I'm new to the Barrage platform and ECX crawlers in general. Anything I should probably look out for? Any hop-ups that I must install?

Nice find! The Barrage is a fun little truck. I had one for awhile and handed it off to my son in law who still uses it. There is a few good threads here on the forum that show some changes guys made to their Barrages. Looking forward to seeing what you do to yours.

Congrats on the Barrage! I built one with a 10" wb Newbright TJ body... It performed good with the stock motor and I ran it for a few years stock.

It went to my friend later who drove it for a while before upgrading to a scx10. Then it went to another friend who finally blew up the axle gears. It now lives on scx10II axles...

the only "Must do" right from the beginning is to replace the cheap plastic lockers with metal ones. Aside from that, it's a pretty durable little truck. It's so light that it can't really break itself.

I did a video with my Barrage when I was on a business trip to California, and I broke one of the lockers while filming the video. I replaced the plastic lockers with new metal units that night in my hotel room.

Hop-up axles were the one thing I really wanted to find. I'm not a fan of how ECX designed the upper link mounts. Seems like that part would break pretty easily. Good to know AR44 axles can be made to fit.

Back