• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

IT'S ALL BENDERS DAM FAULT (T.C.C. SCX10 f-350 Chase Truck)

bastard

Rock Crawler
Well after talking with Bender and watching the video of his SCX10 in Omaha. I had to reincarnate my F-350 Chase truck. Most people probly don't remember this rig it didn't last long but it was fun. High lift base wit a mamaba max 4600kv on 14 volts. Man it was fast but broke the trans and both ring and pinions in the first pack. So it was retired and has been on the shelf for about two years .

Few pics

So I just had to get it running again. This time Starting with an Axial SCX10. The kit is mostly stock. Moved the servo to the chassis installed the stock slash 12 turn slash speed control and slash servo. The bed went on with out to much trouble just made some new mounts. I still need to build a front bumper and winch mount , a fuel cell for the bed , close in back of the cab , and mount a floor jack , and some fuel jugs. But here it is as of now.

Looking much more better. Are you gonna stick with the Slash electronics or go back to the Castle set up?

Sweet."thumbsup"...can't wait to see it, now you won't have to borrow Kiris' rig at the comps:shock::lol:

I like the tube work and spare tire support> Having all the extra weight
in the back with 2 tires does it effect its handling much?

Dynodan22

Glad to see this truck back Aaron, I always liked the OG version of it."thumbsup"

Grab that and your bastard jr and you are ready for 1.9 scale and 2.2 pro comp at scale nats.;-)

BTW, nice siping work on the flat irons."thumbsup"

Looks sick Aaron!! "thumbsup"

Your original build was part of the inspiration for my build too. ;-) 8)

The OG was badass, still have some shots of it in my photobucket from OK in 07.

JT014175.jpg

JT014262.jpg

Liking the looks of what you have going on. Anxious to see it finished. I am sure the Axial stuff will hold the power a lot better than that Tamiya stuff.

oh no, another scaler . you already beat me with kris's scaler now you have to rebuild your own.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad to see this truck back Aaron, I always liked the OG version of it."thumbsup"

Grab that and your bastard jr and you are ready for 1.9 scale and 2.2 pro comp at scale nats.;-)

BTW, nice siping work on the flat irons."thumbsup"

Thats the plan! "thumbsup" Just got to get this done this week, and then a complete rebuild of the #1 O.G bastard junior chassis and i will be set. Oh yea and figure out how the hell I am getting there."thumbsup"

Liking the looks of what you have going on. Anxious to see it finished. I am sure the Axial stuff will hold the power a lot better than that Tamiya stuff.

Well I hope so I am starting out wit just the Slash 12 turn on three cells for now. If it makes it through Montana then in goes the 4600."thumbsup" Drove it today and it moves pretty good and crawls ok for out of the box. I picked up a winch today so tomorrow after work I will build the front bumper. Then the next project will be building a rear sway bar for the high speed stuff."thumbsup"

I like the tube work and spare tire support> Having all the extra weight
in the back with 2 tires does it effect its handling much?

Dynodan22

With out the tires in the rear the rig is pretty much at a 50/50 weight bias. The tires I have in the rear now are the weighted fronts from my 1.9 comp rig. So it is rear heavy with them in. But it jumps and wheelys like a champ with them in. I will get some more tires later next week and see how much difference it makes.

Nope no light for now. Just want to keep this one simple."thumbsup" So I can brak it in in MOAB. You in?

Back