• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Issues setting up 2.2 Wraith DIG unit with Tactic tx

KevB

Hi.
I've just installed the Axial DIG unit on my 2.2 Wraith. It all works as it should with the Tactic TTX300 3rd channel programmed to 3 positions for rear drive, freewheel and brake.
The problem is that whenever the tx is switched on the 3rd channel always defaults to the last position in an anticlockwise direction, which in this case is 'brake'. (Or the first in a clockwise direction... both the same)
Apart from the slight inconvenience, this can end up burning the servo out if it doesn't fully engage straight away (those of you who have used this DIG will know what I mean).
I've tried reversing the servo throw, but it still defaults to the same position.
I've tried moving the servo arm using this 'default' position as the initial point for position 1 and then setting 2 and 3, but it still defaults to the same position, ie position 3 - brake.
I've tried setting this default position as position 1, then progressed clockwise setting 2 and 3 (3 becoming the original '1', ie 4wd) but no, it still reverts to the 'brake' position when switched on...

Am I missing something simple? Has anyone had this problem and sorted it?

It obviously thinks this position is the centre point, even when programmed in a clockwise direction (so it is assigned as position 1) it will still default to the same physical position upon switch-on... ie the final position in an anticlockwise direction...
I think a servo reversing cable may solve it, but not sure in this case...

I personally don't like steerwheel transmitters and would normally just put a Spektrum rx in and use my DX6i stick tx but it doesn't have a 3 position switchable channel. I have 40mhz gear with this option but I want to stay with 2.4ghz equipment.

Anyone any ideas?

Back