• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Is your holmes hobby servo loud when turning tires?

svrh

I just installed my holmes hobby servo the other day and i set my end points conservatively. When straight the servo is quiet but when i turn the wheels it makes noise that i can only describe as if my end points were way off. I know this isn't the case because i can set it to the point of not turning my tires and it still makes this noise. I am fairly new to radio adjustments and just want to know if people would say this is normal for the HH servo. My yetis savox runs noisey; so i don't stress that one but this one makes me think i have something off.

I run a flysky gt3b and my endpoints are at 80 percent both ways, my expo is 40 and my trim is slightly tuned to the left or right depending on which way servo is set.

So does this servo run noisy or does anyone have any suggestions on how i should diagnose the potential issue before i burn it out.

Heres a photo of the bomber while i was playing with an extra wide stance.

BUZZZZ...

Yes unfortunately they are in the noisy crunchy family of servos!!!!

Holmes makes great Motors which I run on all my rigs but can't use the servos!

I can't stand a rig that is noisy especially with the servo so I run a lot of brushed rigs only 2 that are brushless and somewhat noisy but the crakling of the servo irks me!!!
Best bet is to use Reefs or 3 Brothers RC or expensive Futaba servos in my experience are all pretty quiet! Reefs servos are my go to they are quiet fast and powerful even when I've trashed the gears in them it stays quiet... BUZZZZZ....

Attachments

• sehreefs777.jpg
    sehreefs777.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 395
  • Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 362
Thats fine i dont mind a noisy servo to much. I just wanted to make sure i am not burning up my nice new servo lol. I will be getting a reefs for my capra it will have some 4wheel steer eventually. Its still better than my savox lol granted had i learned about HH being noisy before i would of gone reefs. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Servos shouldn’t be noisy, or Chinese.
I’ve run the ProModeler for three years, all three are still quite, quick, and flawless.
I started with the PM420, it was upgraded to the 470, recently the 555.
Constantly improving the USA servo.
Assembled in Florida, it’s a big favorite in the airplane group.

Hang up and Drive

Only Holmes Hobbies shv500 v3 is loud. can't tell which one you have, maybe upload a bigger picture.
The quiet ones all discontinued now.
Supposedly the future ones will be quiet again.
For now though I don't recommend them or savox for the noise, or Hitech for their gears, or JX for being Chinese :p

Looks like OP has version III. I have three of the shv500 version II servos and none of them make a lick of noise.. while sitting still, centering, pushing left/ right... quiet as can be.

ProModelers are very quiet as well, I have one of their 470oz-in and a v1 Holmes Hobbies SHV500...

I got a v3 for use in my Revolver 4S-powered Bomber rig - it's gonna be noisy no matter what!

Haven't installed it yet.

Back