• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Intro & WTB

ThatJeepGuy

Hello everyone,

So I've been out of RCs for a few years now, Originally had a Tmaxx 2.5, did the upgraded head, steering servo, steering skid, full bell flat skid, dual exhaust, etc and on an on.

It was a lot of fun, but it was too fast for crawling.

So since I've taken a few years off I want to get back in. I'm an avid 4 wheeler, I have a TJ Rubicon, and a CJ. Both are locked f/r, lower tcase ratios etc.

So here's the deal I'm looking for a "built" crawler. I went down the road of buying something planning to upgrade stuff, and got my ass kicked when it came time to sell it. So I'm essentially looking for a "Rubicon" crawler, locked lower gears all that crap.

I was thinking the Axial AX10 RTC. Since its locked, bigger (?) motor some nice upgrades from what I can tell. I'm not against buying a used one, in fact I've been looking around on ebay, but I'm not seeing the RTC come up terribly often other than brand new.

So for the experts:

Is it smarter to get the RTC vs the RTR?
What all do I need to look out for with these?
Do they blow axle shafts sieve motors?
I hear a lot about DIG boxes IE doing front digs. Necessary or skip?
What other things need upgraded out of the box?

Edit: Are there any 2 speed tcases er transmissions for these? Also rear steer I assume it's easy to add, can I add it with factory radio?

Last edited:
buy a star for $20 and you will get instant access to the classifieds...see built up axials almost daily.

What are you wanting to use the rig for? competition, scale, basher?

buy a star for $20 and you will get instant access to the classifieds...see built up axials almost daily.

X2.

It all really depends on what you will be using it for. Buying used is a great option, you can get a lot more for your money. Even if you buy something that isnt exactly what you want you can sell the parts you dont want and fund the parts that you do want.

I have had great luck buying and selling in the classifieds on this forum...Everyone i have dealt with has been awesome and I would recommend them to anyone.

X2.

It all really depends on what you will be using it for. Buying used is a great option, you can get a lot more for your money. Even if you buy something that isnt exactly what you want you can sell the parts you dont want and fund the parts that you do want.

I have had great luck buying and selling in the classifieds on this forum...Everyone i have dealt with has been awesome and I would recommend them to anyone.

I would like a near comp built rig, but out the actual comp. My plan is wheel this machine around the house or in the house while the full size is either being worked on, or can't be abused.

I was at a 4x4 expo here recently and I got to play with a couple true comp rigs and they were lots of fun, and they didn't seem extremely modified, they had high clearance LCAs and some stuff like that, but no dig boxes, no rear steer (not allowed in their class i guess?).

Back