• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Integy Shocks????

Oryx

Hello,

I have some pretty crappy shocks currently on my HPI Crawler King and i was recently on Integys website and there are 3 different models of crawler shocks
The MSR10, MSR11 and the MSR12 the MSR12 look pretty fancy but to be honest i know absolutly nothing about remote control car suspention.
Also i was wondering if theese shocks would work on my Crawler King,
and if not can anyone suggest any decent shocks that arnt to pricey

Thank you8)

I have run the msr 11 on my berg v3 BJ and have had zero problems with them and i've blown out 3 sets of axial's on my xr10 so far, and as for traxxas well money is money! all u have to do is get the shock size u have on the rig now and then cross ref on the integy site!

IMO the integy msr 11's are a damn good buy!

I personally prefer the Traxxas Bige bore shocks. I run new plastic take offs from the tmaxx from ebay. $12-$15 shipped for four prebuilt shocks. Just change out the springs to softer ones of your liking and your are set. I use these on my Berg BeetleJuice V3 with excellent results. I dont even open them up, they come with 30 wt oil which has worked great for me and they dont leak."thumbsup"

I personally prefer the Traxxas Bige bore shocks. I run new plastic take offs from the tmaxx from ebay. $12-$15 shipped for four prebuilt shocks. Just change out the springs to softer ones of your liking and your are set. I use these on my Berg BeetleJuice V3 with excellent results. I dont even open them up, they come with 30 wt oil which has worked great for me and they dont leak."thumbsup"
ryan i have seen ur rig at work and yes they do work well! i never would have thought of that set, only the alum's

Hi, Thank you very much for all the early responses its greatly appreciated.

I'm fairly new to rock crawler and am upgrading only cause my plastic ones are breaking.

IM wondering why the MSR12's look so much different then normal shocks and ill defiantly look in the the MSR11's but i dont want to spend too much money because i don't crawl competitively.

Thanks8)

I too would go with the Traxxas Big Bore shocks. I just got a set for my comp crawler and I love them. I am playing with the springs now to get the right softness but they are awesome as hell. I also am running them on my TTC Jeep and they work really well on that too.

to be honest the best way to find out if for you to try the shocks everybody has a way to feel the way the shock works on there vehicle i all ready try all 3 and they do feel pretty good my choice is the traxxas big bore.

I agree with Reflection shiny does not mean it will work better remember this (BLING WILL GET YOU NO WHERE)"thumbsup"

So based on the posts on this thread I picked up a set of Traxxas Big Bores for an HPI Crawler King. The difference in length between the front and rear is pretty substantial. How are you all mounting these, is there another mod that needs to be done at the same time or is the front end supposed to sit low. Any help, advice, pics, etc.... would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

So based on the posts on this thread I picked up a set of Traxxas Big Bores for an HPI Crawler King. The difference in length between the front and rear is pretty substantial. How are you all mounting these, is there another mod that needs to be done at the same time or is the front end supposed to sit low. Any help, advice, pics, etc.... would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Depends. Are you mounting these on the hpi CK or did you buy the specific shocks for the CK and trying to mount them on something else?

Let me guess.

You mounted the 100mm big bores on the front and kept the stock 120mm shocks on the rear?

Solutions,
Cheapest option is, cut the springs on the rear, it will allow the rear to settle and even out the suspension. Second more expensive option is to purchase a second pair of big bores, or wk shocks.

Yes, this is for a CK and I actually bought the full set of big bores front and back. I want to stay triple rate so it sounds like my best option might be to change of the springs on the rears to level it but keep an eye out on eBay for another heap set of rears. If I'll be swapping 2 springs it wouldn't cost much more for 4. Any recommendations on which color springs and what weight oil everyone's running. Sorry for what must seem like stupid and obvious questions but this is my first crawler and with all the mods this needs I don't want to waste money needlessly. Thanks!

Not sure if they will work on this application but proline powerstrokes and prospecs are great shocks!

Personally, I would do what poster #3 said. Integy is known for being extremely cheap and not lasting very long. I have broken their aluminum steering horns before, and if they cant even produce a quality servo horn, I dang sure wouldn't get a set of shocks from them.

Back