• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Imgur - Embedding and Posting Photos

JatoTheRipper

Image hosts are going paid left and right so a lot of people have been moving to Imgur. It's not the most intuitive site and organizing albums isn't the easiest, but it is completely free.

There have been lots of issues and questions on this forum about posting and embedding images from Imgur so hopefully this quick, little guide helps.

You can upload photos to Imgur and share them without registering. But if you want to organize or keep track of your photos you will have to register on their website.

Please DO NOT test in this thread. That will just clutter this thread and make it useless. Please use the Testing 1 2 3 section for testing my method. If you have any issues I'll be glad to help.

Testing 1 2 3 section is here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/testing-1-2-3/

Step 1: Visit http://imgur.com
Step 2: Click on your Imgur username at the top right.
Step 3: A menu will drop down - click "Images".

Step 4: Click on the image you want to embed on this forum.

Step 5: The window overlay, seen below, will pop up.
Step 6: Click "Huge Thumbnail" at the bottom right of this window.
Step 7: Copy the "Linked BBCode (message boards)" link.
Step 8: Paste that link into the body of your message on this site and you should now have an embedded image.

Last edited:
You don't even have to create an account if you don't want to. Just click on New Post at the top and you can upload images.

Cost Jato?

Hang up and Drive

What part of "but it is completely free" didn't you understand? :lmao: Just messing with you. I miss things all the time when reading or browsing threads. But, yes, it's completely free at this point.

You don't even have to create an account if you don't want to. Just click on New Post at the top and you can upload images.

Interesting. How do you go back and track your posts? Is that possible?

What part of "but it is completely free" didn't you understand? :lmao: Just messing with you. I miss things all the time when reading or browsing threads. But, yes, it's completely free at this point.

?

I’ve been essential for too long now, I missed it totally!
giphy.gif

Hang up and Drive

I’ve been essential for too long now, I missed it totally!

Hang up and Drive

I did the same on another thread just this week. "Essentially" not leaving the house for a month is driving me mad.

I don't bother. I get my links, share them here and move on. I'm never going back to Imgur for them again.

Thank you for the info. I updated the first post stating that you can post and share without registering.

As a newbie to the forum, I wanna say this thread would be much more useful as a sticky in the newb area than the 10 year old photobucket dumpster fire one (I mean photobucket is trash, not the old sticky. I'm sure it was useful in its time.)

Not everyone might look at the date and jump to last page like I did lol.

Very simple instructions.
I like it.
Oh, and I didn't want to read how it was done 10 years ago so I simply skipped to the last page and read it.
Thank you for taking the time to teach the class.

As a newbie to the forum, I wanna say this thread would be much more useful as a sticky in the newb area than the 10 year old photobucket dumpster fire one (I mean photobucket is trash, not the old sticky. I'm sure it was useful in its time.)

Not everyone might look at the date and jump to last page like I did lol.

Somebody gave it a sticky.

Very simple instructions.
I like it.
Oh, and I didn't want to read how it was done 10 years ago so I simply skipped to the last page and read it.
Thank you for taking the time to teach the class.

I’m glad you like it. The first page is from the same year as this post since I only created the thread recently.

Back