• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

I'm new and i don't know what to do!

nayers

Sooooooo, Ive been watching some buddies play with their tonka toys. i decided to join. bought the scx10 trail honcho and did a few mods right away. I got aluminum steering linkage and aluminum lower links. Also picked up a winch and a 3 channel radio. NOW i want to do a Toyota Hilux body. ive read you have to shorten the wheelbase to fit the body. is that easy for a noob? ive also thought about using the hilux cab with the honchos bed. i think that would look cool. am i wrong? what other mods if any do i need to do to make my dream come true? i am trying to get it as real looking as possible. i guess thats everyones goal though huh? remember, im new to all of this so exlplain things to me like im a 2 year old! TIA for the responses!

go to the SCX10 threads and start surfing....You'll find some of the coolest rigs imaginable! You're on the right track, you keep making things happen. If you screw something up, buy a new part and try again. Dont be scared to try something new, your dreams will never come true that way!!!

Congrats and welcome to the addiction!!!

STRC makes a SWB conversion for the SCX10 that fits a lot of the Tamiya bodies. They have detailed instructions on their website. I'd look at them first, before you buy one. The Hilux and Mojave bodies mount to the frame with screws on the lower part of the door, unless you want to start drilling holes in the plastic, I DON"T recommend that. The Toyota is a much smaller body than the Honcho body so the Honcho rear cage will look HUGE compared to the cab. He has some nice cages for sale at SMF just for the Toyota. I'd check him out first. Good luck with it...

Back