• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ideas fro soa 4 link ?

setecastronomy

Quarry Creeper
I have been far from this forum for a long time, don't remember if I asked a similar questions years ago, sorry if I repeat myself.

Last autumn I bought a scx10 base camp kit, but I prefer performance over realism, so I'm not a pahnard bar enthusiast.
I would like to put the servo on axle (SOA) but I cannot find any after market upgrades for this modification.
I have ar44 axles and it is relatively easy to buy bullet proof soa support for them while for ar45 axles only 3D printed pieces are available.
Am I missing something ?
Besides I lack a practical and easy idea for front 4 link. In fact the original skid has no mounting point for the second upper link.
Can you suggest some build treads with this kind of mod for Scx10 III ?

Thanks
Filippo

just for the hay of it i looked them up on ebay first one was red this is the second item listed

the upper links just mount to the frame or make your own risers like we used to do to the wraiths

There are like gazzilion of AR44 servo mounts available ...So? Whats your problem ?
I'm looking for ar45 soa mount plates and compared upgrades availability with ar44 axles.
the upper links just mount to the frame or make your own risers like we used to do to the wraiths

Are there any pictures available with this kind of modification ?

Thanks

I bought the suggested soa adapter from Aliexpress. It is manufactured quite well, unfortunately it has design flaws, and, according to me, it is extremely difficult or impossible to use. It fits the axle well, but upper link mount point is on the right side, not centered. I think it is not good at all for 4-link suspension. Worse still power shaft and upper links are almost at the same height but power shaft and left upper link go to opposite side and cannot cross.

I bought the suggested soa adapter from Aliexpress. It is manufactured quite well, unfortunately it has design flaws, and, according to me, it is extremely difficult or impossible to use. It fits the axle well, but upper link mount point is on the right side, not centered. I think it is not good at all for 4-link suspension. Worse still power shaft and upper links are almost at the same height but power shaft and left upper link go to opposite side and cannot cross.
are you sure your doing it right in the picture in that link above it looks like it has upper link mounting points

On alla the pictures I found upper links are not present, nor the universal joint.
One place to fix the upper links is under the plate, but, as stated above, they are on the right side some mm out of the center, and their height is too close to the transmission shaft.
There are two threaded holes above the plate, they are centered, but upper links triangulation would be poor. Most important on right side there is no space for the rod end, it is too close to the mounting screw. Certainly you could add a spacer to fix this new problem, but I think the design flaws are too much. I'm thinking of sending it back and ask for refund.

looks right to me but i don't have it in front of me
when you say the triangulation is poor what do you mean is the axle floping around or whats going on
just moving the upper links outward stiffens up the axle that paired with a rear swaybar should improve performance vs
riding on the razors edge

Getting less triangulation is often what you trade off to go SOA. The only SOA setup I've seen that doesn't give any up is the SSDlux axle.

I dont think its possible on the SCX10.3 but on some chassis you can mount the other end of the upper links to the outside of the chassis to gain a little triangulation back.

loeJlmi.jpg

Back