• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

I need engine recommendation for an 8x8.

zatanax

I am doing a project of a tatra 813 8x8, I have ordered most of its components and I await your arrival.
Order this gearbox https://prnt.sc/umr27c.

Since I have a hobbywing 1080 ESC it would have to be a brushed
I have read that I can put two motors in parallel, but not if it will be good or bad.

If you can tell me which would be the best recommendation if I have to do more torque, I don't want too much speed, but I do want it to pass obstacles.

If Holmes made a big Revolver and brought back the 1000 KV that would be a great fit. EDIT the 1000 Kv motors are back, never mind.

I have a 20LB 8x8 running a 550 Holmes Crawlmaster motor though the Torquemaster is the motor with more torque, I just prefer the 5 slot motors. I also have a Mamba X Monster ESC due to the heavy weight.

I dont see a weight limit on the HW 1080's but I would be a little concerned if your 8x8 is also heavy like mine is.

Dual motor seems to have lost popularity likely due to the fact that we have some great crawler motors these days. Dual motors will require an ESC that can power 2 motors like the HW 880.

Last edited:
If you stay brushed, i second tbe 880 as it can take 4s. Volt up gear down has been a motto on here.

Get one of Holmes's motors, and you could run 2 motors depending on the transmission.

Back