• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HW WP 1080 + HH CrawlMaster Sport 550 10T + 3S lipo = bad idea?

Rybz

Thinking about dropping a Hobbywing Quicrun WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Sport 550 10T in my TRX4 w/ 2 speed transmission running on 3S, but I'm not sure if the ESC can handle it?

I know it goes without saying, but the last thing I want to do is fry a $50 ESC. What's your fella's opinion?

It's an 1850kv motor. I wouldn't imagine it's too much for the esc. I guess I'll find out since I just ordered the same one for my wraith this morning. Running an isdt esc70 in mine so we'll find out what happens with that combo soon.

Thinking about dropping a Hobbywing Quicrun WP 1080 ESC and a Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Sport 550 10T in my TRX4 w/ 2 speed transmission running on 3S, but I'm not sure if the ESC can handle it?

I know it goes without saying, but the last thing I want to do is fry a $50 ESC. What's your fella's opinion?

I ran a 1080 with a Holmes 550 8t on 3s in my trx6 when I had it… it was perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HW1080 is rated for 16t 3 slot on 3s just fine so a 10t 5 slot is a 20t equivalent in a 3 slot so yeah more than fine. That being said the 8t 5 slot is also perfectly within spec for the 1080. I have both the 8t CMS and the 10t CMS in a scx10.3 gladiator and a scx10.2 jk kit. Works perfectly fine no issues at all. Just don't run a 12t 550 3 slot motor on 3s. It won't last long tried this a couple times in my 2 speed bomber doing speed runs. Fried it after a couple runs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’ve been running a Crawlmaster Sport on 4 and 6s for the last year or so in a TRX4 I use for towing my trailer, gets used hard and never skipped a beat.

Swapped to a Trailmaster Sport and again, that’s been good as gold!

I’ve been running a Crawlmaster Sport on 4 and 6s for the last year or so in a TRX4 I use for towing my trailer, gets used hard and never skipped a beat.

Swapped to a Trailmaster Sport and again, that’s been good as gold!

You aren't running that in a hobbywing 1080 which is what this thread is about. I tried plugging in a 4s and it doesn't even try to start, nothing happens. 3s max.

You aren't running that in a hobbywing 1080 which is what this thread is about. I tried plugging in a 4s and it doesn't even try to start, nothing happens. 3s max.

You’re right, my apologies for not reading the OP correctly.

But that said, the HH Sport motors do loves some volts!

Back