• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to Wire Up Integy V12 35T Lathe Motor

raiders32

Rock Stacker
Just got an integy 35t motor, and i was wondering how to wire it up. I see see 4 terminals (2 on + side and 2 on - side) on the end of the motor. Which terminals to I attach the wires to?

Doesn't matter, as long as the positive goes to one of the + and the negative goes to one of the - terminals. Or anywhere on the respective hood for that matter.

Doesn't matter, as long as the positive goes to one of the + and the negative goes to one of the - terminals. Or anywhere on the respective hood for that matter.
Before plugging in the battery pack, make ABSOLUTELY sure you DON'T have both motor wires running to the same brush hood!
I've seen experianced people make the mistake before, it only takes once to let out the factory smoke.:shock::lmao::lmao:

Before plugging in the battery pack, make ABSOLUTELY sure you DON'T have both motor wires running to the same brush hood!
I've seen experianced people make the mistake before, it only takes once to let out the factory smoke.:shock::lmao::lmao:
Just wanna make sure I have it hooked up right: If you look at the where the wires connect, I have one red wire on the + side and one on the - side. They are diagonally across from one another.

I pretty sure I have it wire up correctly, just wanna make sure.

Guilty :oops:

I was playing with the timing on an integy motor and it was a little snug to turn the end so I grabbed onto the end with needle nose pliers and touched both hoods and about soiled my pants from the sparks that flew. :lmao: Thankfully everything was fine.

It never dawned on me what would happen if both motor leads were on the same side though.. After reading this thread I'll pay real close attention from now on. "thumbsup"

I was playing with the timing on an integy motor and it was a little snug to turn the end so I grabbed onto the end with needle nose pliers and touched both hoods and about soiled my pants from the sparks that flew. :lmao: Thankfully everything was fine.

It never dawned on me what would happen if both motor leads were on the same side though.. After reading this thread I'll pay real close attention from now on. "thumbsup"
You created a dead short, same as connecting both leads onto the same brush hood.
You saw little sparks......I work on UPS battery systems where we can have 40 12VDC batteries in a series connection, that charges/floats @ 545VDC (yes, five hundred forty five VOLTS DC!!), it makes a great arc welder if you do an "oops".:shock::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Back