• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to use Battery Charger?

Korso

Hey Everyone,

Just getting into this hobby (SCX 1/24) and was wondering if you guys could answer some questions about battery chargers. Right now I'm looking to purchase the Hobbymate D6 Pro as i'd like to have something incase I eventually move up to something with a bigger battery.
HOBBYMATED6DuoProRcHobbyLipoBatteryCharger_SupportACDCInput.jpg

I understand how to set the system up (I think), but I'm not sure how to connect the batteries, what additional connectors I'd need and how to balance a battery.

Am I now that old guy who can't figure out technology?! :ror:

Thanks for any help provided

That's the charger I use. It's ****in' awesome. Good choice.

If your batteries use XT60 plugs, then you don't need anything else. Otherwise you need adapters... female xt60 to whatever male plug matches your batteries. I use xt60's, but I made extensions just to make it easier to plug stuff in (and not wear out the plugs on the charger).

Attachments

• IMG_7517.jpg
    IMG_7517.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 147
That's the charger I use. It's ****in' awesome. Good choice.

If your batteries use XT60 plugs, then you don't need anything else. Otherwise you need adapters... female xt60 to whatever male plug matches your batteries. I use xt60's, but I made extensions just to make it easier to plug stuff in (and not wear out the plugs on the charger).
+1 [emoji1417] for the battery extension idea. I can save my charger connectors from additional wear and tear

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I agree with whats said above for 1/10 scale, but I don't want you steered in the wrong direction.

The stock SCX24 battery charges off the balance plug (the white connector) and not a typical battery connector like XT60 or Deans.

https://www.amazon.com/RC-Battery-B...ro+Compact+Charger+B3AC&qid=1638410889&sr=8-1

This is a common charger recommended in the SCX24 groups.

He said he wants to be able to charge larger batteries. I use the D6 pro to charge my scx24 batteries... just had to make PH 2.0 adapters.

Back