• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to replace your winch controller

Cjmas970

So I have a rc4wd bulldog winch and the winch controller for it had burnt out while I was hooking up a switch don't know why or how but it did. So instead of being somewhat normal and buying one I decided to build one from a old traxxas 2056 servo with stripped gears I'm sure it'd work with other servos just haven't tried it yet. So first take the servo apart then unsolder the motor from the board. Now take the positive and negative from your burned out winch control and solder them to the pos and neg spot where the motor went. There's a dial like thing on there it's called the potentiometer it's to set the winch so it
It kills the power in the neutral position. Make small adjustments to it while winch is in neutral its pretty difficult to find that sweet spot but when you do the winch should seem as if it were off. Once I found that spot I super glued my potentiometer in place. Then plasti dipped it and works great. It actually works better then the one I got from rc4wd because I could not get the original controller to shut down in neutral which is why I tried putting a switch on it.

7E2AACF4-FBD0-46B7-AC91-A79998BF2382-1243-0000026CE1B29E89.jpg
here's a pic of my old one

You can also use old servos to make light or fan switches by doing the something with removing pot and putting resistor in

Get a HEYOK WINCH CONTROLLER ,Hes a vendor here and makes a good product,,,

No doubt, get a heyok winch controller and you dont have to worry to always trimming the winch to get it stoped.

Back